I want to let Jesus take the wheel...

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by Aurora Gory Alice, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

They say "if you seek, you shall find".
    I've been wanting to seek for a while but I've been scared to because I am such a cynic and have always lived a life of sin. But not anymore, I'm not scared to say I want to find God, and from today onwards I want to say I am avidly seeking...

A new friend gave me some insight into what I thought was a bad thing. Having a relationship with God.
    But she actually made me see things clearer than I ever have before, the glass is still a little hazy though.
  2. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

And it is going to be for a little bit, pm me if you want to talk sometime about this.
  3. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

I think it's great that you want to find God, but I don't think you should say "I want to let Jesus take the wheel". It is your life and you will always be in control, if you think Jesus will lead you to success then I believe you will be sorely let down. Don't become one of the delusional people that say "God did this" or "I thank Jesus for what has happened" because it is you that does these things. Don't get me wrong, I think God has a presence in this world, but I know that he doesn't control what happens to people. If you think that, then you will be blaming God or Jesus when bad things happen. It isn't their fault if you get robbed or if you get sick. I have been an atheist for 13 years and have recently found what I believe to be God, but the God I believe in isn't one who smites, punishes and judges people. That would be a cruel God, and not one I would want to believe in.

Finding God will empower your life, and give you some perspective on the beauty of life, and may even take away your suicidal feelings, but unless you keep a level head about it you will become delusional. You don't want that. You can believe that God created you, and that Jesus died for your sins, but know that neither create circumstances. They are not there to control your life. Belief will change your life, but it is still you that will make the change.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2009
  4. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

No no, I think that was one of the issues I had before. I am well aware that God does not control what happens here on earth. Otherwise there is no way I could have any faith. How could I put my faith into somebody/something that is 'allowing' this to happen to all of us, 'allowing' people to starve, babies to die, the world to be ridden with disease.

I understand a lot better than I once did, and that is why I am ready to finally give my life to Christ. But I know full well I am the only one who is in control of my destiny and the path I take here on earth. I just want to make sure it's a good one with a positive outcome, and for that I feel I need to bring God into my life.
  5. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

At AA, we often talk about God "taking the wheel" Usually because we have managed to screw up our lives so badly that we couldnt even begin to manage them.

Now, I think what God can do, is guide us. I mean we still have to do the things we need to do. And if I screw up, it's my fault, not His. But if I do screw up today, it will be because I wasnt listening to Him.

Anyway, that's kinda how I approach it.
  6. DrivEthermissIon

DrivEthermissIon Banned Member

I hope you enjoyed my thread for you :hugtackles: