I wan't to live forever.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by mlxjaded, Dec 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mlxjaded

mlxjaded Well-Known Member

Death scares me so much.
    I know why I am depressed..
    The fact that life is so short and that there are millions of diseases/things that can kill you.

BUT since we all know we can't live forever.
    Heh...why wait for death to sneak up on us?

-edit-
    why did I put an apostrophe in want? o_O

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2010
  2. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

my belief is that no one really wants to die, they just want their pain to end.

the reasons why you are suicidal may be deeper

but I would say that you might be better off not worrying so much about the future

if you read/ watch the news

you might want to take a break from it.

have you tried seeing a therapist?

3. somewherelse

somewherelse New Member

This fact only scares me insofar as the things I've missed out on due to depression and anxiety. If you are able to find joy in life I don't necessarily see death as a terrible tragedy.

Forever is a long, long time. Take the age of the universe, double it, compare it to forever, and the age of the universe is still nothing. I'm not sure we can properly comprehend the infinite. Besides, wouldn't forever get boring? Is one of the reasons anything matters at all is because it is all so fleeting?

4. NoMoneyToPlease

NoMoneyToPlease Banned Member

I do not want to die.I do not want to take my own life.
    I do however become soaked in such a heavy depression that the idea of a final escape enters my head.
    At such a moment there seems no other possibility to consider.
    I have never feel that death is crafty though.Waiting for us at an inevitable point is what the creature known as no-more was made to do.It is impossible to outwit or be outwitted by the terminal one.

It is okay for you to say whatever you feel though,and for anyone to.
    My opinion means very little in comparison to you finding your way through a dark time.
    It is up to you and anyone else to employ whatever measures needed to remain here.
    Partly because i believe that the world is not full of anything good if it is not full with sensitive thoughtful people. :)

5. Chaddiwicker

Chaddiwicker Well-Known Member

I'm a comic book geek (though I haven't been able to afford a comic book in years). I used to fantasize about being immortal and traveling the universe like Silver Surfer or Green Lantern. There's a lot to see in the universe and I used to want to see it all and be an observer of events kind of like the Watcher (though I would want to intervene).

Now, the next 30 or 40 years of my life seem like an eternity and too long to bear.

Isn't it ironic, don't you think. A little tooooo ironic. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.