I Want To Post How I Am Feeling

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Godsdrummer, Dec 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

But it seems silly. There are so many people here with way bigger problems than mine, that my almost seem insignificant in comparison.

Suffice it to say, I am scared shitless this week.

2. Brighid Moon

Brighid Moon Member & Antiquities Friend

You can't compare pain like comparing the quality of tomatos at the store. Everyone's pain and threshhold for pain is different, and its all valid. Please post if you need to get it off of your chest. You're no less important than anyone else.

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hiya, I totally agree brigid's post. Pain cannot be compared. A small problem for one person might be a huge problem for another, we are all different! Please post Bill :hug:

4. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

What's going on? :hug: We want to know how you're feeling.

5. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

It seems stupid to me, cause I am projecting. But there is valid reasons this week for my projecting.

We have a snow storm that will bear down on us Tuesday night into Wednesday. Possibly could develop into a full blown blizzard.

I can't miss work. I only have 8 hours of time left for the year I can take off. I am already on a verbal warning for attendence. So if the storm keeps me from making it to work, I will use up those 8 hours and be on a written warning. One more snow storm like that in December, or an unforseen car problem, or anything, and I am fired.

And with that loss of income, goes my ability to take care of my family, pay bills, let alone the chapter 13 bankrucpty payback.

I will probably try to spend a night in a motel tomorrow night, but I really dont have the money for that right now either.

I am really quite worried about this. Cause if the worst happens and I do loose my job, I know sure as there will be more snow, that I will become actively suicidal.

Damn it!

6. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

:hug: I know there isn't much I can say, except that I hope the snowstorm heads in a different direction and doesn't affect you. If you had to, could you take any form of public transportation to work?

7. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Nope, there is no publix transportation that goes from the boonies into the big city. Just a 2 lane blacktop of ice and blowing snow to traverse. And that's if it's plowed!

8. Brighid Moon

Brighid Moon Member & Antiquities Friend

Sounds really shitty. And that's a lot of stress, you're right, especially with a family to take care of and all. And this time of year everyone is very susceptable to suicidal ideation (I know I am). If you're concerned, try calling your employer ahead of time and explaining to him what may possibly happen and see if he has any suggestions. Forewarned is forearmed, and he can't blame you for trying to cop out if you attempted to deal with the possible situation ahead of time. It can't hurt.

9. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

Is there anyone from work who's couch you could sleep on if necessary?

10. Silvio

Silvio Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that, this sounds like a legitimate reason to be stressful. Would your boss, by any chance, consider this to be within his own reasons and rules? because you did not induce this and it was the weather and natural occurrences. If he doesn't, then the motel idea seems good, if your job is a high priority, then maybe you could borrow from the bank and pay it off?

Edit: Just saw when this thread was made, you have probably found a solution already.

11. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

I have the cash for the motel room.

Adding to the stress I screwed up this morning. I knew the roads would be messy this morning so left early. 515am to be to work at 7am. 45 miles one way.

Around 610ish, I stopped to get gas. I noticed an unusual bulge in my coat pocket. I reached in and realized I had my wife's car keys!!!!! She had to have them. So I had to go all the way back home. Drop them off, and then go all the way back to work. I was 2 hours late!

Add to that whatever snow we get today and tonight, and then 60 mph winds tomorrow????!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.