I want to put myself in a mental asylum

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Prinnctopher's Belt, Dec 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

Where do I go if I want to put myself into a mental hospital? Should I just walk into any hospital and tell them I'm going insane? Or a police station? Where? Is it free, or will I have to pay? Will I need insurance? A referral?

I feel like I need some fucking mental help. I feel like I'm becoming a god damned XXXXXof them at the same time lol. Anyway I just feel things inside me building up and making me more aggressive and explosive toward people, and I don't want to become violent. Sometimes I imagine just killing people when I see them doing something disrespectful, rude, or primitive, acting like god damned animals and heathens.

Last week, I saw a XXX raising her voice at a cashier in a cookie shop. She claimed that her cookies were hard, and she wanted them soft. She wanted her money back, and the right cookies that she ordered. The cashier was telling her that she couldn't get it back and they couldn't give her another bag of cookies because her cookies were already bitten and she'd eaten one. It wasn't the fact that she wanted a refund, and what she asked for. What pissed me off was how she asked for it. She was yelling at the woman as if she was a dog. No respect, no couth, yelling like a barbaric savage, and throwing her money at the lady, like a monkey throwing his own shit, the heathen.

I just wanted to XXXX her right then and there. Instead, I just gave her the most evil stare when she got her money back and walked past me. She was looking right at me, too, and I was WISHING that XXX WOULD'VE come over and do something. I would've <Mod Edit, WildCherry: Violent> if she so much SPOKE to me about the way I was looking at her. I didn't even turn my eyes away, I didn't even blink. I don't even know what got into me, but I hated her ass. HATED her ass. She doesn't deserve to live. The bitch. <Mod Edit, WildCherry: Methods>.

Anyway, it's those kinds of behaviors from so-called human beings that piss me off. I want some fucking help. I just need a vacation to be somewhere away from these people.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2009
  2. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

Maybe you should see a therapist if you have one, and tell them what you've told us?

If they think you're in danger of hurting someone they won't hesitate to take action.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2009
  3. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I'm not 100% sure of the answer to your questions. Maybe go into a hospital and tell them you're suicidal; my guess is that's probably the fastest way to get immediate help. I don't think it's free though...

4. Mortal Moon

Mortal Moon Well-Known Member

I wonder if they distinguish (for the purposes of commitment) between suicidal and homicidal ideation? I would guess so- they're probably more likely to want to keep an eye on you if you're at risk for hurting someone else, than just for hurting yourself. It's definitely something to bring up, especially if you think you might act on it in the absence of intervention.

I can't speak to the financial side of it, though. Healthcare policy in this country is an absolute mess, as I'm sure you're aware. And even worse, thanks to our lovely federal system, it varies by region; what taxes will pay for in California, might be charged to you in DC. I'm just not sure. That said, there is a point where getting help and keeping yourself and others safe is more important than who pays for it all, and it sounds like you're darn close to it.

Best of luck.

5. jxdama

jxdama Staff Member Safety & Support

you should seek help immediately. as far as the money goes its hard. i sought counseling from my work but only the 1st 3 visits were free. after that my lousy ins would not pay so i dropped the therapist as i cant pay. hospitals are VERY expensive per day and that wont even count the doc bills and many other associated charges.

6. shades

shades Staff Alumni

I think you can check yourself in for observation on a voluntary basis. Maybe you could call a hotline and tell them how you're feeling and ask them if there is a facility in the area...or you could call the nearest hospital and ask them if they have a psych ward or something to that effect.

However, I do not believe there are any "free clinic" anymore. You might be able to get some help on a "sliding scale" with a facility which means you will have to pay only minimal costs.

I'm in California and a friend was committed for observation for two weeks.

He came out with some meds, prescriptions and a positive change in behavior. Then he got a hefty bill from the state which he never had any intention of paying. Also, the prescriptions were going to be costly so he never filled them

If you call the police and tell them you think you are going to "hurt" somebody
    it may play out like the situation with my friend above. His mother called the police because he was becoming violent.

I hope you can get some help. At least you are aware that you may possibly act out on your feelings. So, I'd say go for the hospital call or hotline first...and if they can't help you, maybe call the police.

I cannot be sure that any of these will help but it's worth a try. Please take care. Bottom line...try and get the help and worry about the costs later!

7. jxdama

sadly, help isnt free. no money , no help.

8. shades

shades Staff Alumni

In general that is probably true, but as I said when my friend was committed there were no "up-front" costs. He was billed afterward and made a few calls to work out a payment plan before deciding he wasnt going to pay.

That's all I can say on this matter in regards to expenses...don't know any more than that. And like I said it's worth looking into...no way to know for sure unless one tries...

9. Brighid Moon

Brighid Moon Member & Antiquities Friend

5150 - 72 hour observation (can work into weeks or even months, depending) - if you are a danger to yourself or others. It will cost you; either your insurance or they will bill you and you can choose to let it just... ruin your credit, or pay it some day, or get financial help with an intake worker there who would be able to help you (like Medicaid or whatever).

10. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

Alright. Fuck it, 'cause I ain't paying for shit. The Man wants to throw me in jail, but doesn't want to invest in helping prevent me from becoming a looney toon that would put me in jail in the first place? Okay. Fuck it. I'll deal with it myself.

11. jxdama

then the extra bills you cant pay just make you more depressed.

12. jxdama

you do need help though. i am only a danger to myself and dont care anymore. you cant allow yourself to hurt others.

13. loser

loser Well-Known Member

Think twice. Have you ever been in a Mental Asylum?
    Most people in are trying to get out and the sort of disputes you apparently getting it happen quite a lot.
    When people are stressed they often get work up about incidents that are not important.
    Annoying irritating but not important.
    But sometimes we get upset about fairly no big deal incidents and it can lead to serious situations, fights accidents.
    You do need help. (So do I.)
    Exercise can help a lot. Gets it out of your system and improves mood.
    Run round the park, do some fast freestyle dancing to music that makes you feel good.
    Easy said, but don't sweat the small stuff. (I must remember that)
    We all do, but forgive yourself and any others involved and move on to better things.
    If you have decent doctor have a chat with them.
    Keep cool and best wishes.

14. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I know what you mean about people.. I was in line behind a guy who had four twelve packs of soda..He put the first one on the counter and the girl told him she would have to ring them all because they were different kinds.. Well he got sarcastic and told her if you want to lift them come around here and do it yourself..So she did.. On his way out I asked him was he born an asshole or just grow up to be one..He gave me a dirty look and walked out..I would have boxed his ears if he said something..You just have to watch your self and try not to let people get under your skin.. I keep telling myself they are in there own little worlds..Take care!!!

15. loser

loser Well-Known Member

Well done for telling him though.
    That might make him think because he was being nasty

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.