I want to scream

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by AlaskanIce, Jul 6, 2015.

1. AlaskanIce

AlaskanIce Active Member

SO I got a couch when I was renting a room in a house, and now my living situation changed. The couch no longer fits. I'm going to sell it. The screaming comes in about when my mother said I have to give it to my sister (my couch, I purchased it, I'll be out *my* money if I just give it away). She's doing the whole guilt trip and 'my heart is broken' crap (your heart breaks, you die - High School human anatomy 101) and the more boo-hoo 'I've failed you, you're supposed to be nice and gracious.' My couch, my money, my decision.

My sister gets everything, whatever she asks for. Good education? Sure! Go to an expensive PRIVATE college, same for graduate school. Me? Pfft. Go to the crappy local college and end up with nothing. She gets everything, she's not getting my couch. Unless she coughs up the cash I want for it.

Basically I've put my phone into airplane mode with wifi on and have no intention of taking it out of this mode.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

My sister went to a private school too? Me - the same as you, treated differently.

Bottom line is it is your couch you paid for it, do what you please with it.

Ignore the guilt tripping they will get bored of that when they see you not budging.