I want to smile!

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by KittyGirl, Jan 20, 2010.

1. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

I really do want to be able to smile again! I want to do it so badly- but whenever I think that I may be able to smile again, I start to cry. ><

It might sound dumb-- but I've been watching a show today that's about a girl who can't smile and she looks depressed all the time and people are afraid of her-- but she learns to smile and makes friends... I wish it were as easy as she makes it look. -____-

I keep a photo of myself when I was younger- holding onto one of my cat's as a kitten, and I look so happy in the picture. A genuine smile.
    I want that back.

2. Rukia

Rukia Well-Known Member

:hug:

3. Robin

Robin Guest

Robin Williams is one of my most favourite actors but the film Hook was utter crap, I did however come away with the single thought that one of the lost boys found his lost marbles and his happy thought carried him to Neverland :)

So, when you look in the mirror, hold your marbles close and smile :)

4. Crue-K

Crue-K Well-Known Member

I watch Fawlty Towers when I need a laugh, it never fails me to raise a smile.

5. PoisonS

PoisonS Well-Known Member

Get a kitten?

Yuou just need to find that you enjoy. Something that makes you want to smile.

6. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

Mm~ I do things that I enjoy all day long... since I don't have a steady job- but it's not quite the same recently. I'm so stuck in my head; always thinking... which isn't something I used to occupy my time with- I think.
    Whenever I'm painting or singing or out and about, I'm always stuck thinking about how sad and pathetic I feel, so it's hard to muster a smile apart from a painted on one I use to make people think I'm okay.

I guess I need to find my marbles, hm? XD

7. prncsusako

prncsusako Member

When I'm struggling to smile like I am now, I turn to my mental list of tasks and thoughts to try to drown out my frowns or mind-heart numbing sighs.

One was to pour every bit out onto paper, art or a private diary. I would visualize that I was letting the poison seep out of my body and drench whatever I was working on. Afterwards, my body would be exhausted or empty and I'd turn on the most child-iconic task to re-twist my thoughts. Don't laugh but sometimes that involves the latest Barbie movies since they're re-interpretations of fairy tales and I'm a fan of fairy tales. Then I'll go about goofingly doodling or photomanniping sometimes I love.

Maybe for your creative outlets the reason it's hard to flip the pancake (so to say from the burnt negative side to the golden happy side) is you need to get that "poison" out. Sometimes it may be "ritualistically releasing" to turn around and burn that paper as a symbol of eliminating those current bad things of the day. Doesn't mean the issues are completely solved but at least today you're saying - rain, rain, go away, come again some other day.

If that doesn't work, make a list of happy mind altering things and keep it nearby. I have a stack of what I call my "happy" movies when I'm hit hard.

Right now, I'm TRYING to get my smile back so I sympathize with your struggle. I purposely push myself cause I dislike falling into that dark hole. I hope you find that little spark to give your lips a teeny itsy bitsy nudge into a smile -- even if it is watching the squirrels play around the park.