I want to stop giving people my time

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by darkrider, Apr 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkrider

darkrider Well-Known Member

It's not like I speak with many people these days anyway, but I feel completely undervalued when I do. I feel like (mainly online) when I talk with these people I get a 'yeah whatever' vibe. It makes me feel like shit even more.

I want to purposely stop talking to people (except my parents) for a week or more, maybe a month, just see what happens. Though if I get texts i guess i'll have to reply. I just want to go off the radar.. i'm wasting my time anyway.

I feel like I don't want people to know about me anymore. The world doesn't give a shit about me, so why should I give myself.
  2. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

Hey, I know how you feel. :hug: It could just be your perspective though, as you're depressed you can't always see things clearly. I'm sure many people here, or other places, care greatly for you. Remember this is a suicide forum so a lot of people will be in a bad mood often, it doesn't mean they aren't thankful that you're there. If you do decide to go through with not speaking to anyone for a while, I wish you luck, don't feel you have to stick with it if you find yourself missing people.
  3. dlimonene

dlimonene New Member

Good post on depression and the way it color your perspective. In your case you feel like what you have said in the past has not been effective or even given consideration by people right? Well that opinion hangs over you like a dark cloud covering all of your conversations. You must break out of your comfort zone! You are valuable and individual unique person!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.