I want to try to stop drinking so often.

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by little lucy, Mar 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. little lucy

little lucy Active Member

I want to try to stop drinking. I have been drinking almost daily for the past few months. It all started towards the end of my rape case. My rape case lasted a year, and I realized that drinking really helped the anxiety I was feeling over the case. After the case was over I still did not stop drinking though. It was kind of a habit by then. The nights when I don't drink I just end up cutting.

I don't drink enough to get sick or anything, but I am still just sick of drinking. I would let myself drink once in a while, I just don't want to be doing it alone every night. I don't want the added calories. Plus, when I drink by myself I tend to eat when I don't need to.

Drinking helps me with suicidal thoughts. I know people say that "alcohol is a depressant." Well, for me it helps.

2. Concave

Concave Active Member

I'm struggling with drinking as well. I don't drink everyday, but when I do, I tend to go overboard. It only gets tougher and tougher to stop. I'm usually fine when I'm around friends, but the second I'm alone I get really depressed and start thinking about suicide. I would try making little goals like one week no booze, then slowly try and increase it. It's definitely bad calorie wise and money wise. I also get drunken munchies and eat a lot of crap.

3. afterlifepig

afterlifepig Well-Known Member

i was forced to quit drinking b/c i was put on psych meds.

for the most part it's probably a good thing since alcohol is toxic to ur brain and organs but i still like to drink occasionally, i think it helps me have a bigger perspective on things. so i basically have to smuggle alcohol into my house since my parents are supporting the medication regimen

anyway, i found that drinking herbal tea was helpful as kind of a replacement. now tho i drink probably more caffeinated beverages than i used 2, and soda ... so it is sort of, one substance replacing another

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.