i want to turn it off

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by gabriel left hand of god, Oct 19, 2008.

1. i've spent so much time and energy looking for someone who would enjoy my presence, maybe even love me. i've given myself over wholeheartedly for so long to try and establish a relationship and i've, been met with nothing, and i just don't feel like this is worth it anymore.

anyone know how i can just tune this part of my life out?

2. Ziggy

Ziggy Antiquitie's Friend

I gave up on relationships a long time ago, around 20 years I guess. There was just no chance for me, it simply wasn't worth it.

Life turns out to be really ironic though, because eventually you find someone who likes you. But by then I was too used to living on my own, I have no social skills, I don't like being touched or people being close to me, I simply have no passion or experience and so what does it matter if people like you or not?

Is that a good thing or not? I don't know. Because I chose that path I'll have to spend the next 40 years on my own. Do I care? I don't know, but that's my life not yours. I'm just saying that I guess you can tune this part of your life out but there are consequences.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2008
  3. Anju

Anju Well-Known Member

I wouldn't advise tuning it out...but nor is it a good thing to obsess over it, if you know what I mean. Just sit back and let life take it's toll; if you're meant to be with someone, you'll find them eventually. If not, at least you won't have spent your life being miserable.

4. if i sit back and continue to let things go as they are going, i will be miserable, then just eventually stop caring

5. Ziggy

It's a weird thing not caring. You can go through so much stuff and not give a shit. And then like 5 or 10 years later it really hits you hard. When my best mate died I didn't shed a tear, then one day I watched a cartoon where one of the heroes died and just cried all the way through it. Life's strange like that. At the moment I know another suicidal guy, and to be honest I don't give a damn whether he lives or not, but I suspect one day in the future I will. So although I don't care 99% of the time, I guess it's that 1% that really gets me.

6. thats why i just want to turn it all off

7. noplacetogo

noplacetogo Well-Known Member

I think turning it off is pretty good advice. It's not an easy thing to do but may I suggest hypnosis? there are some strange hypnosis cds and downloads you can get online that help you deal with things like that. I'm not quite sure if they absolutely work, but I must say, i've been hypnotized before and it's pretty amazing how vulnerable the human mind is to suggestion. Maybe look into hynosis for loving yourself or being happy alone. I don't know. I have the same problem as you and I haven't taken my own advice yet so maybe we can get a 2 for 1 deal at Hynotherapy Central:p

8. Ziggy

I don't think you can hypnotize yourself into being happy alone and live a fulfilling life. I think that all of us one day will look back on our lives and think "Did I make the right choice?", "Did I live a worthwhile life?", "Do I have any regrets?" And no hypnosis tape is going to help you with that.

Chose the lifestyle you want, chose to chase women or chose to stay on your own. Chose to abandon one set of hopes and dreams but be sure to find another set that you can live by. Because at the end of the day you have to say "That was the choice I made, and I have no regrets" and the only way to do that is to live a life that was worth living.

9. noplacetogo

noplacetogo Well-Known Member

Technically, I didn't say it could turn your life into a fulfilling one. I meant it might be able to convince your mind not to dwell on the things you don't want it to dwell on... for the moment. Just to get through the rough patch. Just like some people take meds or therapy to forget their pain.