i want too die can anyone help

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by mikee, Oct 3, 2016.

1. mikee

mikee New Member

been feeling depressed for months just recently its getting hard to cope tired<Mod Edit:Methods>out havent been able to go to work on occasions thinking i may loose my job can anyone please help me i really needf someone or something

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2016
  2. kath2706

kath2706 Member

Hello Mike so sorry your feeling like this , I'm new to this so not sure how it all works yet but please no your not alone and there are lots of ppl on here to talk to have you gone on the the mobile chat it's very good and has helped me X

3. Frances M

Frances M Mountain Woman

Hi Mikee,
    I'm sorry you're feeling so badly, can you talk more about what's going on?

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi @mikee and welcome to SF. Want to explain to us more about hat is going on in your life? Please elaborate if you wish and we will try to help you as best we can, good luck and I hope things improve for you soon :)

5. Greenly24

Greenly24 New Member

Hi, @mikee. I'm sorry you've been feeling so bad, especially since it seems like you've been feeling bad for awhile now. It can definitely be hard when you can't seem to shake those bad feelings. Still I think it's really great that you're reaching out. Sometimes it can help to know that that there are other people out there going through the same sort of things that you are. As for your depression, have you seen a doctor? Maybe a doctor could help you manage your depression so you could attend work regularly. Just an idea. I hope things turn up for you soon.

6. Depressed Since 1974

Depressed Since 1974 Active Member

Speaking from my own experiences of work absenteeism due to depression. I know the feeling is rotten, mind-numbing, gut-wrenching and dark. There is help but from where you are emotionally it is hard to find. Reaching out to this forum is a good start.

I know the fears and anxieties associated with opening up to family and friends. Your true friends will be supportive and help you cope during this time. The hardest part will be opening up. I opened up to one friend and explained how I was feeling and that I wanted to die. He was shaken by my admission. He had no idea that I was feeling so bad. During our conversations, he told me about his struggles and I opened up about how I was feeling and that openness has strengthened our friendship.

I also opened up to my family and asked for support. The initial discussion with family was less than perfect (lots of denials about how I could feel so bad) but I finally got through to them that I needed their support and for the most part I got what I needed.

The best thing I did was to find a therapist and a doctor to help me sort my feelings and develop coping skills that let me function today.

I encourage you to seek counseling when you are ready.

Does your employer have an Employee Assistance Program? My former employer did and I was able to find someone to help me in the short term using that system until I could develop a trusting relationship with a doctor and therapist. Many if not all EAP's staff the phone lines with counselors and are completely confidential.

7. SunShine1973

SunShine1973 Active Member

Hi I'm new to this forum so don't really know how it all works but I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone with the way you feel I also struggle very often to face work thanks for your post has made me feel that I'm not alone in feeling this way

mikee likes this.