I want

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by black_rose_99, Jan 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. black_rose_99

black_rose_99 Well-Known Member

to be able to wear short sleeves again. :(
  2. tappa

tappa Well-Known Member

and courage :)
  3. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

I know how you feel :hug:

My friend sent me a shirt as a present that has short sleeves and i can't wear it :(

Rub some vitamin e oil into your scars and it can help reduce scaring.

Do you have a therapist or any kind of support to help you find other coping techniques?
  4. black_rose_99

Hi Tappa,

I think time is the best solution at the moment. And perhaps some vitamin E oil that Domo has suggested. I'm lucky as it's raining and cold so it's easy to get away with wearing long sleeves, but it also gets hot in my office sometimes and I just have to sit and sweat it out and pretend I'm cold.

Hi Domo

Thanks :hug: I'm sorry about the shirt you can't wear. I have so many pretty sleeveless shirts and dresses that are going unworn and it makes me sad. I'm going to try to find some vitamin E oil to help these heal. I don't have a therapist at the moment, I'm working on it - I recently saw a counsellor who told me she couldn't offer me long term support, and referred me to some other services, all of which have extensive waiting lists. :sigh: I am getting there slowly as my coping strategies at the moment are less than helpful, it all just seems to take too long.

Thank you both for your lovely words of support :)
  5. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

The vitamin E oil won't get rid of the scars but it lightens them up a bit.

I hope that there is a cancellation so that you can get in sooner to see someone. Unfortunately that's the mental health system at work.

And yes, it does take a long time and can be frustrating, but it's all worth it in the end.

On good days, i just view my scars as battle wounds and a reminder of what i have survived through.

6. black_rose_99

Lightening them up is all I would like at the moment. I don't know of any surefire ways to get rid of scars :) But if there ever is one, I would like to know the secret!!

I like the way you view them as battle scars to show what you've been through, and prove you can survive. I've had this idea for a tattoo that involves having a black centre - people think of it as dark and depressing, but in my head, it's more like acknowledging what I've been through and recognising it is a part of me, but not the sum of me. I guess it's kind of the same idea.

I hope I can get through the frustration and out into the other side where it's all worth it! That's my yellow brick road :)

7. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

Unfortunately there is no way to completely get rid of scars. Who ever comes up with that would make a fortune! I have a tonne of stretch marks as well from severe weight gain and then loss that i have to live with.

I think your tattoo is a great idea. I have plans for tattoos as a cover up for my scars as well.

You will make it, just lean on us for support and remember your goal :hug:
  8. black_rose_99

We should totally work on it and make the fortune ourselves :D

Thank you for your help and support tonight :)
  9. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

Agreed...now we just need to come up with the answer :eek:hmy:

My pleasure :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.