I was at this party...

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Samsara, May 17, 2009.

1. Samsara

Samsara Well-Known Member

It's like that old, old observation:
    When you're single, all your friends are hooking up.
    Love is like a party that you weren't invited to.

I was at this party that was mostly close friends and extended groups of friends. Almost all of them had coupled up, except me. Any girls that were single were not interested.

I'm still pretty young, so I am plain old horny, but I also want a companion that will teach me how to love, or just provide a good time.

Being a fifth wheel is very painful, especially when you always are.
    I just felt like grabbing the nearest girl and saying "is it really so objectionable to show me some affection???"

It doesn't help that I've experienced so many let downs, especially recently.
    My best friend thru some of the toughest times in my life is pushing me away. Other friends are leaving or moving on. A promising love interest got cold feet. I can't get over an older love. I can't congradulate myself on any acheivments, I have a nagging feeling of worthlessness and inadeqacey...

I know life is hard and this is a hard time in my life, but I still feel alienated.
    I just need a break, and I don't seem to be getting one.

If anyone wants a pen pal or something, I've been known to be very good with extreamly personal matters. I offend at nothing, all subjects are fair game with me, so don't be afraid to come straight out with your darkest feelings. I will be a helping hand for you if no one else will.

2. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Well, party's aren't the only gateway to meet a person. Keep socializing and hopefully you'll have a lucky break.
    As for this best friend of yours. In what way is he pushing you away?

3. poisonedresistance

poisonedresistance Well-Known Member

hiya!

being alone utterly sucks, somtimes even when someones there and they just dont see you, you feel as isolated as you would do if they didnt exist,,

i hope you find somone to cuddle soon xxx

4. Samsara

He totally denies that I'm his friend it seems like. I even saved his life! Indirectly anyway. I introduced him to this guy, who caught him covered in his own blood. He knows that. He's just...shutting me out in my moment of need :(

5. poisonedresistance

poisonedresistance Well-Known Member

somone people have no idea how to cope with people in need. they are scared to make things worse and have no idea what to say,, maybe hes like that?

6. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Have you spoken to him directly about how your feeling?

7. Samsara

I have, but he usually just calles me a ****.

He has his own set of problems, I know, but...he can't just do that.

and yes, he does resent it when people need him.

8. BriGuy

BriGuy Antiquities Friend

Sorry you're having a rough time. If you want to talk, I too shy away from nothing, so feel free to PM, email or MSN me anytime! :biggrin:

I certainly don't have all the answers, and enough problems of my own, but I am always happy to listen, talk, and make new friends!!

And as for this 'best friend', hate to say it, but it sounds like you might be better off without him... he doesn't seem like much of a friend!

:hug:
    Bri

9. Needshelp

Needshelp Well-Known Member

your situation sounds very similair to mine. i completly relate man. its been years upon years since ive had a girlfriend. im young too, and the older i get, the more discouraged i get. dude, if we just became assholes, wife beaters and herion addicts, we'd have women allllll over us. all the girls i know date total assholes, and they run back to them time after time. you ever have those girls that are just "friends" but every other day theyve got a story about their bf, and how he beat the shit out of her the day before, but everythings alright. hes a great guy. he really is. hes SOOOOO nice. yea thats why you have to hide in a vail of make up on a daily basis. wow. holy rant.

i feel ya man. i got way more girls when i was an ass to them. they like it. im not quite sure why. laides, please feel to weigh in on this..

10. MysticalMonkey

MysticalMonkey New Member

I feel I can relate a little bit. I have never had a "real" relationship (have had a few girlfriends but nothing longterm), and one of my closest friends doesn't speak to me anymore, for no apparant reason.

Basicly, what happend to me and my friend was that she has her own set of problems, and whenever I would reach out with a helping hand, she would slap it away. This makes me think she is incapable of taking help from anyone, and therefore believes nobody else wants help either.

You said your friend has his own set of problems, have you reached out to him and tried to talk to him about those? Maybe you can help each other, be a pillar to each other that you can lean on.

As for relationships. I believe there is one person out there for each of us. I have not had a long-term relationship yet because I have not yet found "the one". Your time will come when you find him/her. My time will come when I find her. Do not give up. I know it may be hard to sit by and watch all your friends in relationships, but what I tend to do is remind myself that since I do not have a girlfriend at the moment, I have more "me-time". I can spend more time doing things I enjoy.

Hang in there, and remember; your time will come ;)

11. Samsara

Yeah, I also enjoy the "metime..." but I also enjoy the companionship, ya know? Balance can be hard to find...but I think I'll find it soon :)

Yeah, I've tried to help the guy...but he doesn't want it. Like he said, he resents feeling like people need him, so likewise he must feel shitty about needing other people. He just wants to be alone.