• Apologies for the issue with a bizarre redirect on the site earlier today. There was a large server update and an error in an IP address had the traffic routing wrongly. No hacking or anything nefarious and nothing to worry about. Sorry for any stress/anxiety caused. Very best wishes - SF Admin

I was attacked by neighbors today

You have witnesses though that can help reaffirm that these women acted irrationally about their dogs as well, right? Maybe that could help your legal case?
There was someone who heard the yelling the first time but nobody saw the pepper spray assault. However, I don't think she even denies it. She thinks she had the right to attack me.

Aurelia

🔶🔸✴ 👑 ✴🔸🔶
There was someone who heard the yelling the first time but nobody saw the pepper spray assault. However, I don't think she even denies it. She thinks she had the right to attack me.
Which is why I say have a recorder ready every time you go out with your pup, and maybe even talk to her and try to get her to admit it while the recorder is running!

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
I am glad you will soon be out of the situation. I agree a sound activated recorder would be smart and can be useful in the future. Other than physically defending yourself that is the smart move. I know if someone had already attacked me once and I went through the legal channels and they threatened again I would be prepared.

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
Oh why is she even subjected to this crazy aggressive behavior?
Because much of people are as useless as they are worthless. They believe they are entitled to do whatever they want whenever they want to whoever they want and know that little if anything will be done to them as punishment is my guess.

DrownedFishOnFire

Back into the wild where I belong. Out of your way
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I see. Can we as people change this?
Holding people accountable for their actions to start with. People think nothing will happen to them

@alice202 just know without video its he/she said. Those days we need to be wearing gopro or dashboard camera as people are just NUTs! I see road rage all of the time. And people wonder why others resort to their own justice. Police has their hands legally tied. Its not because they cant do anything (the good cops who actually are credit to the thin blue line)
Theyre simply the recorders. Its up to the DA to determine if enough evidence is there to pursue charges. It boils down to he/she said thing but because you got assulted they should have still documented it and interviewed the neighbors to get information of the assailants. Police did indeed failed you in this case doing their job recording it.

And people yelled at me years ago on here for calling out on the cops for being part of the problem why people dish their own justice and dont trust them. Police keep failing people over and over again SMH nothing is gonna change til we allowed to fight back dirty. All it needs is the first punch to be thrown for us to throw back the punches without consquences

This afternoon I was working from home and when it was time for my break I put my dog on a leash to take him out. As soon as I got off the elevator a woman started screaming at me about my dog. He started barking. As I was trying to leave the building the woman's roommate tried to block me from opening the door. She screamed at me that her child was afraid of my dog. I said well you can't stop me from coming out. And I went out the door. The woman outside threw some food at me, which hit me in the back and spilled all over the sidewalk. Then she kicked the door and broke the glass. My dog freaked out, and backed out of his collar, running away. I got him back and decided to go back inside.

I thought they were gone. But when I got to the elevator the first woman came through the door with pepper spray in her hand. I was already in the elevator and my dog was behind me. She reached in and hit the open button, then sprayed pepper spray at me, more than once. It got on my hands and face and I got a lungful. It was surreal. She had gone back to her apartment to get pepper spray and come out to find me and deliberately attack me.

I called the police and they came up to take a statement. I don't even know these women, just that they live on the first floor. Its pretty weird that people who are afraid of dogs would live here, because there are dozens of dogs. Mine is a nine month old puppy and he's very friendly. But if you start screaming, he will bark because he is trying to protect me. And these women were raving lunatics. I couldn't get a word in edgewise because they were yelling the whole time.

Later I told another neighbor about it and she said they hate her dog and give her trouble too. But nobody else has been pepper sprayed. Nothing like that has ever happened to me.

The police called me back and said they were asking the property manager if there was video. I really hope the cameras were working and they caught her attacking me with pepper spray. I won't think twice about pressing charges. I hope she gets evicted for kicking the door in.

I feel traumatized by this. I didn't do anything wrong. Somebody else is afraid so they turned their hate and fear on me. I feel like crap.
I'm sorry that happened to you and your puppy. I have dogs. People have lost their marbles...and I hope they found video on this for you

10 more days and I am out. This morning I ran into the maintenance man. He told me that the other party was saying that I was the one who kicked the door and broke it, that I deliberately let my dog loose to attack her, and that I said horrible things which I never said. The rest of the house hold backed her up as witnesses. The maintenance guy said he didn't think I was strong enough to break the door with a kick and he's right. But I would also never let my dog loose and I would never attack someone else. It disturbs me that someone is telling the police these awful things about me.

After she threatened me the other night I emailed the police and somebody called me back. But it all comes down to the she said/she said. And its not just different points of true. There's the truth and there's flat out lies. It makes me feel like reporting it was not even worth it. It just brings me down into the dirt.

10 more days and I am out. This morning I ran into the maintenance man. He told me that the other party was saying that I was the one who kicked the door and broke it, that I deliberately let my dog loose to attack her, and that I said horrible things which I never said. The rest of the house hold backed her up as witnesses. The maintenance guy said he didn't think I was strong enough to break the door with a kick and he's right. But I would also never let my dog loose and I would never attack someone else. It disturbs me that someone is telling the police these awful things about me.

After she threatened me the other night I emailed the police and somebody called me back. But it all comes down to the she said/she said. And its not just different points of true. There's the truth and there's flat out lies. It makes me feel like reporting it was not even worth it. It just brings me down into the dirt.
I'm so sorry to hear this. They'll figure it out the next time it happens with another person. That doesn't help you in anyway aside from the truth coming out at some point. I imagine it has created a lot of work and probably expense for you having to move. I'm surprised there's no viewable recording. I hope you have found a nice place for yourself.

Lady Wolfshead

"Don't fear mistakes. There are none." Miles Davis
I've said it before and I'll say it again: False Witness is the worst and most despicable kind of lying. I can't believe she is accusing you of breaking the door, among everything else. I really hope she has some Karma coming her way. I hear False Witness in my job fairly regularly. There are times I know full well someone is lying but I can do nothing.

Daphna

This afternoon I was working from home and when it was time for my break I put my dog on a leash to take him out. As soon as I got off the elevator a woman started screaming at me about my dog. He started barking. As I was trying to leave the building the woman's roommate tried to block me from opening the door. She screamed at me that her child was afraid of my dog. I said well you can't stop me from coming out. And I went out the door. The woman outside threw some food at me, which hit me in the back and spilled all over the sidewalk. Then she kicked the door and broke the glass. My dog freaked out, and backed out of his collar, running away. I got him back and decided to go back inside.

I thought they were gone. But when I got to the elevator the first woman came through the door with pepper spray in her hand. I was already in the elevator and my dog was behind me. She reached in and hit the open button, then sprayed pepper spray at me, more than once. It got on my hands and face and I got a lungful. It was surreal. She had gone back to her apartment to get pepper spray and come out to find me and deliberately attack me.

I called the police and they came up to take a statement. I don't even know these women, just that they live on the first floor. Its pretty weird that people who are afraid of dogs would live here, because there are dozens of dogs. Mine is a nine month old puppy and he's very friendly. But if you start screaming, he will bark because he is trying to protect me. And these women were raving lunatics. I couldn't get a word in edgewise because they were yelling the whole time.

Later I told another neighbor about it and she said they hate her dog and give her trouble too. But nobody else has been pepper sprayed. Nothing like that has ever happened to me.

The police called me back and said they were asking the property manager if there was video. I really hope the cameras were working and they caught her attacking me with pepper spray. I won't think twice about pressing charges. I hope she gets evicted for kicking the door in.

I feel traumatized by this. I didn't do anything wrong. Somebody else is afraid so they turned their hate and fear on me. I feel like crap.
Wow that’s awful. Praying for your situation.

Daphna

thanks mike
I am just realizing that I have a sore throat and a cough due to the spray and that my eyes burn a little. I also have a headache. It could have been worse, but it should not have happened at all. I never expected to be assaulted by a woman. I have a dog in part because I fear someone harming me or breaking in, but in my mind that person is male. For one woman to assault another is just unheard of. And its not like I or my dog attacked her or she was threatened. She threw a fit because my dog was barking, and I kept doing what I needed to do. She was incapable of hearing me because both women were screaming the whole time. When I encounter someone who is timid and fearful of my dog I usually get a tight hold on the leash and walk past quickly. But what they were doing was antagonizing my dog.

I emailed the property manager and told him I was assaulted by these tenants and that I want them evicted. It doesn't matter that I am moving out soon. If they got away with doing this to me they will do it to other dog owners. Which is ridiculous. We are allowed to have dogs here, and there are plenty of them.

I do feel uncomfortable here. I could have been badly hurt, and my dog could have been too. I don't think people like this change. They're totally self-righteous.
A move may be a blessing in disguise. I’m saddened to hear that this is happening. I hold hope that it’s for the best.

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
If she is making those claims now after so many days to the maintenance person people will see her as full of shit. She would have been claiming that from the start if it was true. You went the proper channels from the start so it has her in a corner of making things up now.

Which is why I say have a recorder ready every time you go out with your pup, and maybe even talk to her and try to get her to admit it while the recorder is running!
I would never go out of my way to talk to her. She is violent and irrational and I don't want to be harmed again. I have a cell phone, but when I am walking my dog and trying to control his behavior, the last thing I need to worry about is taping or recording a situation. Its just too much. I want to be left in peace. I shouldnt have to worry about this while coming and going. When I get to the new place I can relax again unless there are more crazy people.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$205.00
Goal
$255.00