I was detained by the police last night!

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by *lonely~star*, Jan 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. *lonely~star*

*lonely~star* Member

They stopped me from killing myself. How is that possible? They sectioned me uner 136 and handcuffed me because I tried to run away, and then when they caught me I wouldnt let go of the fence.
    I feel so overwhelmed by everything and the only reason while Im still not there is because I lied to the psychs and said I was fine. Because they were just about to detain me aswell.But I blagged my way out of it.:unsure:
    Everything is so fucked up.
  2. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

its possible because suicide is illegal and you are seen as unfit to determin your own actions.
    how are you now? are you still considering? what caused you to do it last night? have they set up any folow ups? they normally come and check up on you after it in my experience.
    :hug: i'm happy your still here, talk to me hun :hug:
  3. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

as sheep said they can do that and if you were about to suicide then good job too.
    there is always another way, let us help and support you rather than rushing off to kill yourself.

you deserve a chance at life

take care
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

:hug: Lonelystar,

I am glad they stopped you.
    What triggered you to do that last night?
    We are here for you,don't give up :hug:
  5. downunder

downunder Well-Known Member

How far did you run before they caught you?
  6. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I am surprised they released you. Many times they will keep you for observation even though you say you are fine. I am glad you were stopped. You don't have to suffer alone. Let us help to whatever extent we can. :hug:
  7. alle_vite

alle_vite Well-Known Member

LS the same thing happend to me a few days ago and its happend in the past, if your seen as a danger to you or anyone around you then they can detain you!! What triggerd it? if you want to chat pm me or add me on msn or yahoo my addies are on my profile hun. xx Hug xx
  8. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

I'm glad that the police stopped you from committing suicide lonely star and I believe that one day you will be happy that they did. I know that you feel really bad right now, but take a deep breath and try to calm down. Death is not the answer hun. You have pick yourself up and try to regain your will to live. It's not easy but it can be done. :hug:
  9. Mightbehere

Mightbehere Well-Known Member

A least they didn't taser you...I heard those things are real bad.
  10. alle_vite

alle_vite Well-Known Member

LS hope your ok Hug
  11. d-pressed

d-pressed Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear about what happened, but also am rather surprised they did not keep you in for observation.

I also feel the need to respond to some posts made on this thread. Firstly, that suicide is illegal is rubbish. Assisted suicide on the other hand is illegal, and it is possible that e.g. if a man were to commit suicide in detention due to negligence on the part of the police officer on duty, he may face prosecution.

Second, I feel that the comment 'at least they didn't tazer you' is inappropriate. If you do not have something constructive or supportive to say I suggest you go on another forum, I hope others will agree with me.

What are your next steps LS? While the prospect of being 'detained' was frightening enough to lie to the social workers/psychiatrists - which is completely understandable - where does that leave you now? Have you considered a GP visit? They do not have powers of sectioning, I believe, so if you can go to someone and be honest about your condition the sooner the better.

Take care.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.