i was devastated tonight

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by jonsmith, May 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jonsmith

jonsmith Well-Known Member

in previous posts i told my story. dont know how to find them so you could be aquainted with me. oh well......i mentioned i'm still in love with my ex girlfriend of 9 years ago. recently we were in text communication. tonight she mistakenly sent me texts intended for another guy. the content was thats shes in love with this guy.

can you imagine how i felt when i read her texts proclaiming her love to this guy. reading the words ive longed to hear and knowing they were not intended for me.

want to die!!!!!!!!! i texted her and informed her of her error. she must be quite embarrassed. me? i want to kill myself more than ever
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

well it is clear she is playing not o nly you but the other guy too hun she is using you both She is not worth the suffering and pain over. You need to find someone that is worthy of your care and love Don't give her anymore time ok or power over you You move forward now you get out and meet new people hun I am sorry you are suffering you are grieving right now but the pain will it will diminish so please hang on hugs
  3. exkend

exkend Well-Known Member

F**k her. It sounds like a Freudian slip of some sort. She's toxic, why has she kept your number after nine years, then again why have you? Look up attachment disorders to start understanding why your stuck on her and why she doesn't give a toss. Good luck, unrequited love is especially painful, so do what you can to understand it., ps stop all contact and block her no.
  4. jonsmith

i do have a attachment disorder for sure. i have attempted many reconnections with her. she remains civil to me but never interested. i believe she made an honest mistake. i do not believe she meant to hurt me but obviously its best that i know shes in love with someone else. otherwise i will be continuing in vein to get her back.....hate life more than ever.
  5. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I can't imagine how much you're hurting right now. At least you know though... now you can try to heal, to force yourself to let go. I know it isn't easy, but this might provide you with some closure.
  6. jonsmith

but it doesnt stop my never ending love for her. it only stops my efforts to get her back. she lives a mere two miles from me. so close but always so far.
  7. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

Why do you read messages from her? When I get messages from people I do not care about I just mark them read and that is that. I throw people who have my number who abuse it into a black list contacts and they do not even get the decency of having their messages read.

Also, I do not believe that it is love that keeps you trapped by her. I believe that it is your own insecurity in the ability to secure another mate who is attractive like she was. I am pretty sure I suffer from the same problem.. well that and my genes. ANYWAY, I feel that you and many people trap yourselves. You might need to change your perspective a bit before you can move on. Then again, this is advice I refuse to acknowledge as something that might help me... so... take it with a grain of salt
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.