I was honest.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Ljt, Jun 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ljt

Ljt Well-Known Member

Today I went for my first anxiety session. It was nerve wracking at first but eventually got settled in.

At the beginning they gave us all a questionnaire to fill in. It was standard questions for someone with anxiety. There was also a question saying " have you thought about making plans to end your life" I said sometimes I do.

At the break I got singled out and spoken to about why I said that. I felt that I was being honest but I didn't expect to be singled out because of it. Should I not be honest?

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Be honest. Not being honest will set you back and they won't be able to treat you because they will not know what exactly they are treating. You were singled out because of concern for your safety probably. You are probably thinking they will lock you up for being honest, being honest with my therapist has helped me immensely but we do have a deal that if I am feeling like I am in immediate danger that I tell her.

Be honest, it is the only way to get the help you require. Better safe than sorry. I am glad you settled in at the session, I hope you continue to improve. What did they ask when they singled you out?

3. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

It's always best to be honest, or how can they assess the best treatment?
    Well done for being brave enough to state your true feelings.

4. Ljt

Ljt Well-Known Member

Thanks for your reply terry and petal, they took me to the side and asked what my plans were and if I would go through with it, they also asked why I hadn't done it and if I have tried before. I actually think it's made me feel worse after going to it, I now do feel very empty and confused

5. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Would you have felt better if talking to them and saying that and they acted like they did not care? Pulling aside to express concern and check on your safety and well being seems a very reasonable thing and preferable to the attitude of some that they don't care and don't want to be bothered with "your" problems...

6. Ljt

Ljt Well-Known Member

Hi jumpmaster. I do understand that they have a duty of care but I think because I have never been put on the spot like that before it was very daunting. I really don't know what to expect from this course I am doing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.