I was quite depressed yesterday

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by ken888, Dec 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ken888

ken888 New Member

I was quite depressed yesterday but not so much today. I have no one to talk to about this and very grateful to stubble across this forum. Through out my whole life I have people walking all over me (analogy). I let them so then I could either fit in or learn the skills in order to make it in my career. I find it extremely difficult to say no. The thing is I don't want to quit as I love what I'm doing and I know the issue is with me. I also allow my family to walk all over me and my dad takes me for granted. I have told him many times no and he still walks all over me. He wants me to live a certain way and I want to live a certain way. It feels like I'm Neil Perry in Dead Poet Society.

It just feels like my situation will never change.
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Ken and welcome to the forum. You have definitely achieved more than I have regarding a career, that is something to be proud of :)

Why though do you think they are walking all over you? Are you the shy quiet one? I am kinda like that but I will speak up if I think someone is taking the mickey. Maybe talking out the issue with your dad will help, perhaps he is not aware of how you feel smothered etc...?

You will always have someone to talk to here so I am glad you found us.

Kind regards,

3. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum, Ken. :)
  4. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Welcome aboard.

You do have the power within to change the situation
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.