I was taken into Protective last night

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by bambam, Feb 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bambam

bambam Member

Worse day of my life next to when my wife died. Cuffed and stuffed after being hit with the taser. It was embrassing to say the least to be wheeled into the Hospital in cuffs. Then I had to sit thru all the questions of if and when I'm going to hurt myself. If this did anything to me it's made my feelings to end it stronger. Why would someone call 911 and tell on their friend? I haven't talked to this person in 5 months. If she really cared she would've came by to check on me instead of calling 911 and reporting it on Facebook to all my other friends. What a Bitch. If I was even thinking at all I why would I answer the door when the cops came by last night?

2. FrainBart

FrainBart Staff Alumni

Ah poo.
    Just wrote a long message and it disappeared. So will do the long story short version.

I am so sorry you had to go through that last night, police really don't understand how to handle a situation like that. I also agree that your friend should have checked in inbyour before involving the police, I hope today goes a bit better for you hun.

3. Underground

Underground Well-Known Member

I am sorry you were treated so roughly by the police, I am not exactly sure of the circumstances of what happened, but to be stuffed and tased sounds really harsh, especially as you were not in the best mindset.

I know you're angry, but please try not to be to angry with your friend for calling 911, she probably did it because she feared for you and she lived quite a while away.

I made a thread last year which has achieved a lot of replies on this sort of matter, it may help to rant on there or if not there's at least a few experiences you could relate to?

http://www.suicideforum.com/showthread.php?91872-Police-and-Mental-Health

I hope it all sorts out in the long run. x

4. AlienBeing

AlienBeing Well-Known Member

I'd be mad at the friend for posting my private business on facebook for all the world to see! What a bitch! She obviously doesn't even care if you know she's done that.

5. bambam

bambam Member

No they released me at 3AM. I answered all the question the right way I guess. They called my shrink and therapist to come talk to me in hospital last night. Not good of me to tell them both their failing at making me better. 7 cops at the hospital last night when they took me into custody. They wanted me to turn around and when I did I started to run like the wind. I actually made it a good way from them and they got me from behind with the taser. The cops said they barely got close enough to hit me with it otherwise I'd still be running. I ask if I was under arrest and they said no your not. So I was sure I wasn't going to get a felony for running from them.

6. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I am sorry things happened as they did. There are better ways to handle situations than this. Many mistakes were made it seems by all involved. I hope everyone is able to learn from this so you are never placed in this situation again. I do hope you get help for whatever is bothering you. Your friend must care about you because it is difficult to actually make that phone call. Maybe they didn't know what other steps to take to help you. People are afraid of failing and so may stay away from someone they fear may be a danger to themselves. I know it is hard to see things from their side, but try. I do not agree with them posting on facebook though. That was unnecessary and uncalled for. The important thing is that you are okay for the time being. Please take care of yourself and stay safe. :hug:

7. gloomy

gloomy Account Closed

Was this just because your friend thought that you were suicidal?

I wouldn't encourage most people to kill themselves but when things like this happen and you end up feeling like you don't even have any control over your own life that really make me angry. Seriously, I know they have to stop you from killing yourself but a GD TASER??? That's completely nuts… it's like you don't even belong to yourself and the cops/government think they actually own you.

To be honest, if someone called the police on me for being suicidal, I would first of all completely cut that person out of my life forever, start following cops around with my cell phone in my free time, and then post pictures and videos of them being horrible and making mistakes at their job.

8. AlienBeing

AlienBeing Well-Known Member

Tasering someone for running away from the cops should be against the law, especially if you are not even under arrest! I would file a complaint about that. If people don't complain they are going to use those things whenever they feel like it. When they were first brought into use they said they would be used to reduce the number of people shot by the police because they could taser instead of shoot. This is the only time they should be used---as an alternative to shooting someone, not as a way to control nonviolent citizens. These days it seems like it's "We're the Police so we can control you. Do as we say or we will Taser you." This is an unacceptable attitude and needs to be stopped. They are supposed to be in service to us, not using torture to control us. Police tasering the mentally ill when they were called to serve and protect them, only adds to the trauma in their lives and is completely unacceptable.

9. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

I agree. To tase someone when a person is non violent and under restraint already, is uncalled for. 'I'm gonna tase you because I think you are a danger to me, even thought you are restrained by 4 other cops.' (in reference to the video placed on the Police and Mental Health thread) It irks me how much the police misuse and abuse the weapons at their disposal.

10. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Oh, I wasn't personally tased. If I only had been so lucky. I wish I honestly knew what I did that was so bad than other than defending myself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.