i was tattled on

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by fading_dreams, Oct 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fading_dreams

fading_dreams Well-Known Member

my sister saw a fading scar the other day. it was still pink. then she said something to my parents, who freaked out... and now they want to know if i'm cutting again... the truth is that i have been cutting the whole time, but i didn't tell them.. i mean, honestly, like i can tell them... so i got tattled on... and now i'm angry. i had to lie to my dad to cover up for myself. and i'm not happy about that... it was an accident that my sister saw the scar in the first place... and now i'm ticked... and i don't know what to do.... my parents are going to be watching me even closer now, when all i need to do is get away from them... i wish i could get away from them for a while... that would be so nice!

2. riz

riz Senior Member

I'm really sorry.

My mom doesn't know that I cut, and I could only imagine how she would act if she did.

Your parents love you. They only want the best. Sometimes, with an addiction like cutting, we can't see past our own coping mechanisms.

Just remember that cutting isn't the only option. It's just the only one you can see.

Keep looking.
  3. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

Hey hun....sorry your sister told your parents, I am sure she was only worried...but I know how iritating that can be. As for wanting to get away, maybe you could see if you could stay with a friend for a few days or something like that.

Maybe you should try not cutting for awhile....try slashing paper, marking where you wanna cut, cold water in your face, sqweezing an ice cube, getting out a thing of ice and go outside and just keep throwing the ice as hard as you can as if you are throwing at the pain source or a person whom you hate.

Try journaling also, and you have to vent, the more you vent the less you feel the need to cut. If you ever need anything or want to talk or anything PM me I would be happy to talk with you anytime. :hug:

You try and stay safe and take care. :rose:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.