I will always be alone

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by cymbele, Jun 15, 2014.

1. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

I will always be alone. 5 years divorced and my ex has his second gf. I have only one date in that time frame and that was with a guy who eventually became a stalker. I'm feeling like a failure in life. There has to be something wrong with me. I go out and do thing, meet people and go places. I have no one. No companion, few friends. But no one to have a romantic relationship with . When my daughter gets married I will be the odd person out. Maybe I won't be alive then. That gives me a few years; maybe 2 at the most. I feel sad and resentful and want to cry in despair.
    My daughter says its because I am fat and I have short hair that I can't attract anyone. In that case I should give up since I've been trying to diet and do exercise for several years to no avail. The hair turns grey when it is long which maybe I should dye it.but it is normal colored when short. Besides I've seen other women who are fat and grey get new companions. What is wrong with me?
  2. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

I would suggest cymbele, it's the negative self-talk that's going on within your thinking. I have the same problem, and I am sure that many, many countless other human beings have the same issue - but that others are better able to mask it or medicate it, or are just happy to go-with-the-flow without at least trying to do something about it. What we tell ourselves is actually vital to the way we feel about all the things that matter - ourselves, our life, our past, our future etc. The other thing about it is, that there is no one who can reach inside our head and flick a switch to change it for us, but this is actually very empowering because it means we don't become dependent upon the opinions of others or spend our time looking for a knight on a white horse - we can learn how to become master/mistress of our own (altered) destiny, once we embrace this belief that it's possible to learn how to.
    I can PM you details of a mentor/counsellor who teaches this stuff, if you like - you can watch him for free on his website :)