I will be back in the dark hole again

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Marathon-Running-Bunny, Sep 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have just been doing very well on sertraline 100mg and just reported the good news to my psychiatrist this morning and I thought I am going to be fine now but... I received an email from my employer stating I am FIRED for taking many days off for being sick and he goes on to conclude that my depression is affecting my work and wanted me to agree with him. He wanted me to pay the company 2 weeks salary for breaching the contract.

Now all of a sudden, I have all the suicidal thoughts returning back to me again. I don't know how to explain to my psychiatrist. All of a sudden, my world becomes hopeless and dark again. I am badly affected again. My emotions is back - all the crying and tearing up. Damn! The next appointment to see my psychiatrist is 3 weeks from today. I don't have her email to contact her in emergency. -.- guess I am doomed now.
  2. W Miller

W Miller Well-Known Member

Talk to us, we are here for you.
  3. Nemo

Nemo Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry to hear about this - these sorts of things can make you lose hope even at the best of times. Just as you were regaining your positivity again you've been knocked down.
    Have you contacted your employer about this? Perhaps you could take your contract to a solicitor and find out if there are any ways you could avoid paying the money back or whether there are any options for you legally about not getting fired? I'm not a lawyer or anything, so if this isn't appropriate, I apologise.
    As for your psych appointment being so far away, perhaps contact them by telephone to see if you could get an emergency appointment? Or talk to your GP?
    Please keep safe and talk to us, we're here for you :hug:
  4. BornFree

BornFree Well-Known Member

Hey just wanted to send some caring your way from someone who is also in a dark hole, it sucks these times are horrible please know that so many on here care so vent let it all out and hang onto us, we're here please keep safe :hug:
  5. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

work union equivalent should be contacted about the firing, you need a strong rock behind you. what did your co workers think, how were your relationships with them? can they back you were in fact doing ok?
  6. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Sadly I have no advice on what to do about it because I am not familiar with labor law in Singapore but I suspect you have less recourse there than you would in some other countries. I am very sorry that has happened, and particularly now as things had started to get better. On the plus side, if you are able to find a new job somewhere else, it would be a clean sheet with nobody having all your history and not having to have that hanging over you so I hope if nothing can be done about losing that job perhaps in the long run may be a benefit in disguise to your further recovery.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.