I Will Do Or Say Whatever It Takes-Regardless!!!

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Godsdrummer, Sep 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Someone recently complained about one of my posts.

Let me tell you all something straight up. No BS. NO crap...just pure honesty.

I have made a ton of attempts on my life. I dont even know why I am still alive.

Perhaps it is to help others.

And so that is why I am still a member here.

I dont want any of you to go thru what I went thru. :love: all to much to see you go thru that. AND I MEAN ALL OF YOU!!!

So....if that means someone in an AA meeting tells me that someone fucked themselves over in a failed attempt, by GOD you are damned right I am gonna post that.

Whatever it takes.

You are all worth it.
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I wasn't the person that complained that post but I did think it was triggering and maybe you shouldn't have broken the oath. I know you had good intentions though hun, perhaps you could have added a trigger warning? Just my opinion :hug:
  3. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I don't think the post was triggering ... no more than lots of other posts around here.
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Well, the post wasn't triggering to me ( I am not suicidal or depressed atm.) I was just thinking about others. I can understand how you don't find it triggering, the post was more shocking than anything else, sorry wrong choice of words on my part.
  5. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

While I agree that a possible trigger warning might have been appropriate, I stand by my original thought process.

I didnt name names, I didnt disclose the group. Hell we are as anonymous here as AA is.

And I havent talked about anyone's drinking sprees or jail times stuff like that.

But if I go to a meeting and someone talks about suicide, and if it is something relateable that I believe and know in my heart could potentially help someone, even if it is tough love, by God I will say something.

Besides we dont really take an oath per se.
  6. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

It's shocking, but it's a harsh reality. That happens more than a lot of people realize, and I think it's something that does need to be said. It's worth it, even if it discourages one person from attempting and causes them to rethink and get some help.
  7. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

It's part of my tough love philosphy. People dont just get to come here and post their final thoughts and leave without me shoving death and consequences into their face.

It needs to be said, because people need to know what the consequences are. Face it....we are talking about life and death.

And I aint about to let anyone go without them standing up and fighting to live.

I had to do it. Sucked.. Am still doing it now.

Would it be easier if I just gave in? Sure...for me. But not for anyone else.

And so I keep on fighting the good fight.

And I will stand side by side with anyone that wants to fight back and live too.

And for those that don't. Well maybe I can scare em straight! :tongue:

I know I am a self righteous son of a bitch. I don't care!
  8. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

I supported your post, it willf definately deter someone.
  9. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

I appreciate that.
  10. yursomedicated

yursomedicated Chat & Forum Buddy

Bill, you seem like a great person. :hug:
  11. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

I try! lol
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.