I will never be able to support myself

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Quietus, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Quietus

Quietus Member

Financially I mean, I'm basically unemployable. I've almost never worked a real job (I'm 23 years old!) due to my social anxiety and depression and I've been worrying a lot about this recently. I'm getting old, my folks are getting old and um, I'm afraid I might end up homeless or something :unsure: As unlikely as that seems right now, I worry a lot. I don't know what I'm going to do. In order to make money, I need a job. In order to get a job I need to go for a job interview and honestly I don't think there's any way I can do that without coming off like a total lunatic, I tried it once and while the guy offered me the job (most likely out of pity) I made a total ass out of myself. Anyway sorry for the random post, feeling hopeless as usual tonight :sad:

2. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

Can relate to you 100%.

3. Smythe

Smythe Well-Known Member

I'm there as well.
    homelessness feels like a guarantee at this point.
    There are those that could perhaps help in that situation, but I could not deal
    with the shame.
    Sometimes I think maybe I'll just walk as far as i can once it happens.
    North, into colder areas.

I realize this isn't the most helpful to you.
    If I had some decent advice I'd give it.
    but I can relate.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2007
  4. Robin

Robin Guest

I think a fair few people can relate to how you feel here, if it is a real and upcoming threat then I would research on the net as much as you could about any help you can get in your area and/or country. Find out what you're entitled to. It might not be much but it should be better than living on the streets.

If you're in the uk then contact your local council about housing, if the worry you are suffering from is really affected your health negatively then they are obligated to house you on some level, they may even pay your rent but it's something you have to go out and find out about, they don't knock on people's doors asking if you're alright.

5. ^ i agree with robin, you have to go out there and get the help huni, try it :)

ooh, please could you change your avatar? its very triggering. thanks x

6. Quietus

Quietus Member

Thanks for the advice guys, it's not a very real possibility at the moment but maybe, eventually. My anxiety is pretty much through the roof today :( I want to give up, I really do.