I will not be shattered

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by hardcore, Apr 1, 2011.

1. hardcore

hardcore Well-Known Member

In this luxurious world our predators hold out welcoming hands and speak kind words but they are out for blood. Many different societies have survived in natures wilderness. But now mother nature has arms of steel and concrete and survival is not what it once was, the beasts that attempt to tear us to shreds appear to be friends and people do not see the true jeopardy we are all in. This is not a society of peace, in order to survive we have to fight every minute of every day. Sure, it may seem easy in a world of technological progress to simply retreat from the ideological battleground into our current addiction too luxury but when push comes to shove there are only two types of action in life, actions leading towards death and actions leading towards life.

For me it boils down to one question: Do you have what it takes to survive? It isn't about expectation or social standing and I have to understand that. The word I must live by is survival. I can see now that with luxury it is easy to forget the ideological dangers that are just as dangerous (if not more so) as physical dangers. I will survive, I do not need luxury, I do not need companionship, and I do not need perfection. I will continue to strengthen myself and fight the demons that rise from within myself. I will not shatter, I will survive because I have the strength.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

we all need human companionship if only just to talk it keeps us strong and stable hugs