I wish I could make people love me!

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by KittyGirl, May 18, 2010.

1. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

Have you ever thought that before?
    In all of your pain and loneliness, you wished that there was a way that you could make everyone love you...?

Sure, there are ways...
    I'll admit; I've acted like a completely different person in many situations. It's part of my 'people-pleasing' personality, and when there is a person who has openly said that they don't like me for whatever reason it hurts.

If you have to alter the way that you are naturally to make a person like you-- it's not worth it at all.
    The people who are going to love you no matter what- may not tell you flat out. They might not ever say that they love you, but they're there for you when you ask; they try their hardest to help you and they will mourn your death when you pass away.

Not every person you meet will like you. People may be jealous or might hold grudges - but they will be the ones to miss out.

...I'd like to think that, anyways.
  2. shamps

shamps Well-Known Member

There is only one person in this world right now id give my right arm to make love me.

But then again,wouldnt it feel wrong to have somebody feel something for you when in reality they wouldntve really cared for you at all?

When im really really low all I want is my ex back,no matter thats hes cheated or kicked the cr*p outta me.But then other times when im feeling slightly more upbeat I think why would I want somebody who doesnt care about me.

I dont know its a toughy hun xox
  3. 2-D

2-D Well-Known Member

Personally i could turn my back on the world and all its ills (and most of its people) if i found some one who loved me (non family kinda way)
  4. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

Of course I wish I could make people love me. However, I just don't know how too.

I would like to think that those who choose to pass by me on the street are missing out. Then again I don't really believe that myself.

Sorry, I am not being very helpful.
  5. Pow

Pow Well-Known Member

Somehow, I always think even if I got everyone to love me I will still feel unhappy.
    I've always acted different at first but change back to who I really am, I don't know why I do that.
  6. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

My mother has the "Midas touch". She is incredibly open and gregarious and everybody she encounters when I am with her seems to not only know but utterly adore her. The funny thing is she is not to be trifled with- if she is being treated unfairly she will get very angry and confront the transgressor only to earn that person's undying loyalty and respect.

I am ridiculously shy and reserved- people just don't like or trust that in a person but my perpetually panicked expression and underweight and nonthreatening physical presence seems to make up for my social paralysis and gain me acceptance. More with women than guys, who frown on weakness.
  7. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Just be yourself and the ones who deserve your love will come forward.. The rest can lick your boots...lol...Don't let anyone change who you are...
  8. Louis03

Louis03 Well-Known Member

My overriding feeling towards the human species is probably contempt or maybe hatred. You do yourself a crime and great harm by fretting what people think of you. The more you want them to love you the less they will; because people respect only strength and care only for what there is to be gained. There is not much to be gained by loving someone who needs to be loved; whereas someone who is colorful and strong, he can prop you up, so you love him. True love is only in blood. You love blood relatives not for themselves, that would be folly, but for what of you exists in them - narcissism comes full circle. A dog will love you. In people there is only cunning to be had.
  9. Cortez

Cortez Banned Member

I agree with this to a certain extent.