I wish I could put these things on my status for Facebook

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by twilight, Apr 19, 2007.

1. twilight

twilight Well-Known Member

If I was being completely honest, I could put any one of these things for my status. But I don't want everyone knowing any of it.

Candis is...

owing $180 she can't afford to pay
    feeling bad about getting the worst grade she ever got on a test today which was 25%
    worried about her grades
    probably about to fail at least one class
    worried about making friends
    worried about life in general
    worried about her sociology project
    feeling like she never makes good decisions
  2. Erebos

Erebos Well-Known Member

I sometimes hint things like that in my status. I don't think anyone notices since a) I don't have many people on my list in the first place b) none of them know me enough to care and c) they'd think I'm just joking since that's the type of person I appear to them.
  3. Robin

Robin Guest

Self criticism is one of our own worst enemies, it bites and goads us into believing the worst of ourselves and gives us little reason to think otherwise. It's best, if and when you can, that you question the validity of the statements your mind makes.

Are you really stupid? Or just under an immense amount of pressure? Maybe your motivation is so slow you can't bear to study in preparation for an exam or that just getting through the night before is all you can do to see another dawn let alone pass another exam?

The thoughts that go through our minds do have a direct effect on how we feel emotionally and physically, the more negative we think the more negative we will feel, both emotionally and physically.

It does help alot (not all though) of people to talk with someone either in real life or for some (like myself) friends on the internet can be good substitute if therapy doesn't feel right for you or finances force you to go without.

I think it's a good first step reaching out to people here, alot of us can relate to how you feel if not wholly sometimes then partly which is enough to know where you're coming from and what it's like in that deep dark pit you find yourself in. I know we can't be down there with you, but we are on the side lines giving you encouragement to carry on even if we are urging you on from our own pit.