I wish I could stop thinking about my Life,(or death)or the lack of a life

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by ARTHUR61, Jun 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ARTHUR61

ARTHUR61 Member

I am so dam tired of keeping up a good front,,saying everything is cool,,I am fine.
    when inside I am screaming,,just let me die.
    When a horse or even your pet dog gets to the point that it is suffering,,they say it is time to put it down.
    Why cant they give me the same respect as a dog,,when can I get put down to end my suffering.
    Dont we (I) as humans get the same respect as a dam dog,they shoot horses dont they?
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi A and so glad you posted...and here you do not have to put up a good front (as long you your posts comply with the guidelines)...please know there are many ppl who relate to what you have written...please continue to let us know what is going on for you
  3. Adsum

Adsum Member

I can totally relate to you. I'm sorry that you are in such a dark place too. Just want you to know that you are not there alone. The thing that you said about deserving the respect that a dog gets of being put out of your misery really hits home.

Keep talking.

4. StevenSiew

StevenSiew Well-Known Member

In case you have not noticed. Putting another human down is illegal. Even threatening/offering to put another human down is illegal.
  5. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

Hi Arthur. Welcome to SF.
  6. ARTHUR61

ARTHUR61 Member

Hello I hope I did not violate the rules,,I did not ask for any one to help me,,nor did I offer to help any one else. All I stated is that when we love something we tend to want to end it`s suffering. I just stated that I wish that humans were allowed the same respect,,to end our suffering.
    Now I do not want to end my life,,I just want the physical pain to end. And sometimes the pain is so unbearable, I would rather end it than live another 20+ years in this agony.
    Not to start another Bo Bo on myself, I was told it was illegal to help someone kill them self,but Oregon does have a assisted suicide law. So it is only illegal in most states.
    If my post was out of line I will watch how I phrase things,and I hope I did not do something to offend any one.
    I just stated the point that when we care for a pet when the time comes, we want to end it`s suffering. And sometimes I wish I was a dog,,I just had to put mine down,,I know she is no longer in pain.
  7. supermodel

supermodel Well-Known Member

Arthur, your post wasn't out of line dear. Some people just post really strange things I guess. Most of us knew what you meant and I have felt like that myself. The thing about a forum, you can't really control what people write. I'd say ignore that post and continue to seek help. Like I said, I've felt that way at one time and you're free to express yourself here; just don't post what methods would work or advocate hurting other people and you'll be fine.

Again welcome to SF.:cuddle2::cuddle2:
  8. supermodel

supermodel Well-Known Member

I don't think that is what the poster is saying.......and you knew that as well. Geez.
  9. ARTHUR61

ARTHUR61 Member

not in Washington and Oregon,,there they have assisted suicide laws,,
  10. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Like the Oregon act, Washington's new law requires that any patient asking for a lethal prescription must be a resident of the state, be at least 18 years old, declared mentally competent to make the request, and two doctors have to certify that he or she has six months or less to live,

That is the key piece of the legislation that most on here choose to ignore completely - Terminally ill, end of life already. Unhappy, depressed, mentally ill not only do not in general qualify for that but also , rightfully so, are declared incompetent to make that decision as it is mental illness inspired desire they are by definition mentally not making an informed voluntary decision but rather reacting to a symptom of an illness that makes them want to die.....
  11. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

I think I know where Arthur is coming from - in that - conceptually - and from the subjective viewpoint of someone who has intense physical pain to endure on a daily basis - my goodness, I would certainly be thinking - CONCEPTUALLY - along those lines myself -

because from that angle, how we treat our beloved animals - and even those we don't love as pets - it is the humane thing to do. So, balancing the equals signs, why cannot we be humane to humans?? I mean, it seems logical - and yet.....that is no reason in itself to automatically follow through with it. Humans must accept their fate and all the suffering that goes along with it, stoically/heroically, as best they can, for reasons that are not entirely clear - moral ones, and this doesn't make an awful lot of sense generally, subjectively, because so many people nowadays scoff at a lot of 'morals'. I applaud Washington/Oregon for their attempt in doing what they've done, under the strictest legalities, of course........ It's a minefield, for sure.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.