I Wish I Had A Special Talent

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by mooch74, Dec 4, 2012.

1. mooch74

mooch74 Well-Known Member

I truly wish I had a special attribute that would enable to find some semblance of success. I wish I could have the athletic talent that my favorite soccer players have, or be good looking, or have some kind of ability. The only thing I can do is write, but so many people are so much better than me, that I am ashamed to even say I am a writer because I know it won't amount to anything. I feel so cursed and worthless.

2. sucidalgirl99

sucidalgirl99 Well-Known Member

You DO have a special talent: writing. Don't doubt your ability.

3. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

keep writing - check out nanowrimo (www.nanowrimo.org) - my daughter does it every year as a challenge

i'm hardly the best writer either but i actually had a technical article published last year

4. FUBARM

FUBARM Member

When you awake in the morning and you take that first breath, that is enough, you are alive...

So many great authors had their books rejected so many times before someone found faith in them.

If you set yourself a LOW target, you will never fail to achieve it, that is not success, setting yourself a HIGH target and working towards it is sucess whether you reach your target or not...