I wish i had the guts to just do it

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by theleastofthese, May 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

but am afraid of what would happen to my dogs. i can't abandon them but can't stand to live liike this. i'm so afraid

2. protonaut

protonaut Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing these lows. Is there something you can focus on to help you get into a different state of mind? There might be a long-term goal or some hobbies to enjoy. Your dogs must be happy to have someone who loves them so much. I have an old cat who I've committed to caring for.. I never expected she'd still be alive and well at 17 years old. You mentioned fear - I get scared too.. of people. Honestly, I think my future might be pretty tragic, I don't know. I can only know that presently there's still a chance for a positive future, I don't want to lose sight of those possibilities. I hope you'll be able to see things in a better light soon. Thank you for helping and inspiring others here on the boards.

3. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

is there anyone you can turn to? have you tried the hotline? if you have a counsellor will they take an emergency call on the weekends? you don't have to be alone - worse case - just get in a cab and go to the ER. at least they will keep you safe. (i had to do the same thing on thursday night... it was a long wait to see the on-call psych, but a warm waiting room was the safest place for me).

4. titanic

titanic Well-Known Member

How many dogs do you have? What are there names? Breed?

5. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Oh sooz. I so wish you could see through your weaknesses to all of your strengths. We all are plagued with something. It is part of what makes us human. You are not an exception to the rule. You are important to more than just your dogs. You have people - family, friends - that need you. You touch lives everyday. Don't give up on you. I haven't. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.