I wish I knew how to trust again.

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Stormhand, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Stormhand

Stormhand Well-Known Member

So many times in my life I have tried to love someone, but every damn time its like she becomes this other person being so dishonest and lying and cheating on me, cause of how many times I am just scared to again.
    I just do not know what to do, cause I do not want to be alone for the rest of my life.
    Everyone I have been with, its like when they do not get what they want typically money or sex, they start lying and cheating on me, and its cause of that, that I just do not want to to go through getting heart broken again.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

It is so very hard to trust when you have been burned so many times i too find it so difficult to trust anybody. Maybe you can talk to a therapist and see if it is something that you are doing that is causing the relationship to suffer NOt saying it is your fault but maybe you are choosing the wrong people
    Try dating someone outside your norm okay someone you would not really think you would like to date and see what happens Trying a new approach may just be the way things turn out right.

3. Stormhand

I would love to Violet, but my insurance only covers 30mins a month, and to me that is just not enough.
    I don't know, like how far out of my norm are you talking?

4. sudut

sudut Well-Known Member

sorry to hear this has been the case all your life!! i don't know what to say.

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

A different area of town a person perhaps you would overlook before because you felt that their was not chance. a person whose looks maybe not what you choose before just change up a bit talk to different people all ranges and see what happens Im just thinking if you put yourself out there a bit farther maybe something different will happen.

6. Stormhand

I don't think that wise with town I live in.

7. sick2deth

sick2deth Well-Known Member

I dont trust anyone either. I feel that its down to bad decisions on some level but some people are just rotten to the core. I just don't bother with relationships anymore, I'm lonely but it far out weighs the hassle of trusting people again as they can get very crafty trying to manipulate me. I've realised I don't need anyone to make me feel good, never did. I feel the same way and I'd imagine you can only trust if you can truly let it go, which is what I scream to myself sometimes in hope of avoiding another self perpetuating disaster.