I wish I was gone

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by The Depressed Puppy, Apr 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Depressed Puppy

The Depressed Puppy Well-Known Member

Why am I still here? There is no point in life, for me. There is no reason for me to still live here, to try each day. i am done. I keep on trying, trying to get better but I fail, & nothing helps me anymore. Nothing gets my mind of it. I try I talk to my friends,play with little kids, walk my neighbors dog(i love dogs), listen ti music, etc. Nothing helps.

I so desperately want to be dead. I imagine it, I dream about it, I fantasize it. It doesn't bug me anymore...it comforts me. Knowing I can be gone.
  2. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

I'm so sorry you feel so rubbish. I think you need to reach out for some professional help. You can always talk here too :hug:
  3. Nysecia

Nysecia Member

I feel your pain my friend, but you're never alone, there's always someone out there ready to help you, ready and willing to give you there time and that want to hear what you have to say about what's going on with you, and that want to comfort you as well, whether they be a close friend, family, a partner, or even someone on the internet, there's always someone out there that will be there for you, and you're never alone, if you ever need anyone, I'll be here, even if I have my own problems, I'll be here as best I can for yourself or anyone else that needs my help or needs support, or even just needs a friend or someone to have a laugh and a chat with, because I know how it feels to not have that, and to not want someone else to feel the way you do at this moment, because that's all it is, it's a moment, and that moment will pass, with time, sure, but it will and I can promise you that, so don't give up, you're strong than that and you know somewhere deep down that you are, because you're YOU, and you're an amazing person and I wish you nothing but the best and give you all my love and strength, just in the hopes that it may bring you some sort of comfort, because you're a wonderful person, and you're here because of that little thing inside of your mind that says I WANT TO SURVIVE, that little piece of hope will grow if it's fed, and surrounded yourself with that attitude, and trying to help your own thought processes are going to make you feel better in the long run, I know it seems hard now, almost impossible even, I know it does, but you will get better, it may take some time, but it will... But if you ever need someone, there's always someone here for you, and I'm sure I'm right in saying that most people here will understand where you're coming from, what you're going through and will give you the help/advice or even an ear to listen to what you have to say, I know I will be.

You take care and you stay strong, and remember, we're always only a few clicks away, no matter what :)
  4. iwanttohelp

iwanttohelp Well-Known Member

First, please seek out professional help somehow. This forum is a good support but not a substitute for reaching out to another human being in the real world and letting them know that you are in so much pain that you want to kill yourself. Its ok to desperately need help and there are people who can be a support for you.

Next, I'll answer your question. You are still here because having a human life is rare opportunity to experience the beauty of creation and part of you knows that and is hanging on through the suffering.

The reason you keep trying and nothing works is because it takes time to learn, grow, change and evolve out of a state of mental suffering. It takes practice, determination and commitment.

Think of this as learning an instrument or becoming a doctor. It takes support, learning, practice and years to become good at something. You wouldn't pick up the guitar by yourself, start banging on it and then think "I'm no good at this", right?

Its the same with the mind. All the things you are doing are good but you may also need tools like meditation, exercise, weekly therapy, journaling, positive reading, etc.

Finally, about wanting to be dead... I suspect what you really want is relief from your suffering, to feel better, and to achieve some mental peace. Trust me that you can do all that without killing yourself. You have only just started in your journey through this.

Many of us have been through this and lived to see days with some feelings of joy. You can too.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2014
  5. issy

issy Member

yes.. i hear u.. me too. it does not scare me either.. is there something that makes u happy , that u dont feel like this?? something u did , or used to do to make u happy/ please try it.. dance.. it can do wonderful things for u. get some music u love and dance.. xxxxxx
  6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Your love for dogs is something you could count worth living for. Are there any animal sanctuaries near you?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.