I wish I wasn't so stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi friendless. I don't know you, but I'm pretty confident you're not stupid. And if you're socially awkward, who cares. F*#$ anyone who thinks you need to act a certain way. Seriously. F them! Be you. Like they say, let your freak flag fly. From one awkward person to another, hugs and high fives.

Samantha

ZombiePringle

Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend
You're not stupid. I know stupid people and you're not one of them. As for being socially awkward... It's actually a really hard thing to be able to just go and talk to people. I'm completely awful at it. All that really matters is you find that one friend that understands you and you don't have to worry about saying the wrong things to. If you haven't found that person yet its okay... You will.

Terry

Antiquities Friend
Staff Alumni
Stupid! I think NOT!
Have had much pleasure from your posts in the banned game, so NOT socially inept either.
You've made me laugh out loud, you've fitted right in with all of us who play and your joining was seamless. :hug:

Speedy

Staff Alumni
I don't know you, but I feel stupid when I'm down and sometimes worry whether I can ever pass college classes and get a degree or even hold down a regular job. Also, I am socially awkward if it's the social norm I have to conform to (not to mention I'm a man of few words).

If you show that you care for others and accept who you are (I'd like to think you do :)), there will be people who like you for who you are. You might have more obstacles in your way and they might be harder to find, but there are people out there that can be friends with you. I believe in that hope :D There are people like the ones on SF in real life too. I wish you the best of luck! 1 friend is one more than what a lot of people have!

friendless

I haven't actually checked this thread since I originally posted it. :unsure:

LOL

Thank you all so much, you're so sweet. I should probably give you some context: I met someone that, in retrospect, could have been an excellent partner but because this person was financially and emotionally stable I said 'no' and went with a loser who is somewhat psychologically abusive and controlling. I was brooding on this and the gyre of self-pity continued to widen to include every other stupid mistake I've ever made in my life, starting with my decision to stay with my current BF and move from Colorado to Texas and going all the way back to middle school, which was 19 years ago.

I look back on my mistakes and tell myself 'boy, I'll never do that again' but I always do! Even when I'm caught up in the middle of stupid drama and I know I will regret my decision but I do it anyway.

Speedy

Staff Alumni
Even when I'm caught up in the middle of stupid drama and I know I will regret my decision but I do it anyway.
I believe the wonderful law of total probability says that you will make some decisions that you will be proud of making. A lot of it is chance! ;) Sorry you aren't happy with that decision about which person to go out with.

:hugtackles:

Terry

Antiquities Friend
Staff Alumni
Been here! Worn the hair shirt! and know what, what a waste of time it all is.
We all make mistakes, the thing to do is to rectify what we can and break the pattern that has us making them over and over again.
Actually recognising the pattern is the road to breaking them, and you seem to be at this point.
Don't waste anymore energy on whatifs! whatifs are a complete waste of time and rectify nothing.
Decide what you want to do and stick to it, but think it out properly so you know you are heading in the right direction.

friendless

I think the best thing for me now is to learn to be independent as opposed to my current codependent, lonely, needy, desperate behavior. Alone-but not lonely. It's also about time I learned to love myself. Listen to my own common sense. Go back to school for the sake of my daughter's future.

But this sounds too logical for me so we'll see how it goes.

:dead: AAAAAAAAAaaarrrrrrrrrggggg! Logic and reason! It burns! :dead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$135.00
Goal
$255.00