I wish people would understand...

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by DarthBrett, Oct 11, 2016.

1. DarthBrett

DarthBrett Lone warrior against his demons

I almost ended up in a full blown panick this morning with anxiety it felt like someone tightening a belt around my chest. I ended up throwing up just before I got in to unload (I'm a trucker). I know my anxiety is not rational, in my mind I know that but it doesn't stop it. I've remained functional but for how long?
    I've tried telling people in the distant past about being anxious about everything and the absolutely deflating depression but I'm told "There's nothing to worry about." And "Why are you depressed, you have so much to be thankful for." These thoughts echo in my mind, I can't shake them. All it does is make me feel guilty and I feel worse about it.
    I can't keep this up for much longer...

2. 2much77

2much77 New Member

I have bad anxiety too. I know how you feel--people who don't struggle with it really do not understand. I hope you find a coping mechanism that works for you.

3. DarthBrett

I do, not the I many are healthy though...

4. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

Have you tried therapy Darth? Maybe talking through things would help you really understand why you feel this way and come up with a plan to help heal. The same with meds. They can be a great help. When I get so anxious I feel physically sick I have tranquilizers to take. They have ALWAYS helped me. But one warning, they are highly addictive, so you have to be very careful not to take too many of them.

5. DarthBrett

I've been on meds for years now, they keep me functional...some what anyway. I've started seeing a therapist again, still in the early "wading through the shit" phase so to speak. Unfortunately doctors are hand cuffed a little bit on what medication they can give me.? With my line of work there's a lot of stuff I can't take for safety sake.

6. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

What kind of work do you do Darth?

7. DarthBrett

Long haul truck driver.

8. troubledmind

troubledmind Well-Known Member

Hey DarthBrett, I give you credit for being able to drive.. I use to be a trucker also.. I had to quit before I killed someone.. I was running cars off the road so when I got back with my last load I told my boss I quit..He didn't like that..lol..To this day I can't even drive my own vehicle..I gave my pick up to my neice because hers was a piece of junk..