I wish that I succeeded

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by Bloodrose, Feb 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bloodrose

Bloodrose Member

I attempted suicide early last month via pill overdose. My mom found out, called the ambulance. I was sent to pump out the pills and to be overturned to the psychiatic ward for recovery. As fate would have it, I was a transwoman to be thrown into a male psychiatric ward for the next 10 days. From the moment I entered there, to the moment I exited the place, I was overrun with sexual harassments, sexual solictations, attempted rapes, male flashers, being called a gay man by both the nurses, trainee nurses, and patients. I couldn't even sleep, but I was supposed to, since guys would attempt to whatever me in my sleep.

Was it kind of them? Did I deserve that? I really don't know...

This experience only endevoured me to really succeed in my next attempt.

2. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

I'm so sorry to read about your attempt, and the shockingly bad after-care you received. I know some hospitals have started training their staff about the needs of transpeople, but clearly supportive and knowledgeable staff are the exception rather than the rule. I'm just so sorry you went through the trauma of an attempt, adn then the added distress of poor medical care, from the very people who are trusted to care for you.

Did you deserve that? Absolutely not.

As for your next attempt, please reconsider. I read your other thread, with a little of your background and will try and respond there tomorrow. You have had a very difficult life, no doubt, but once you emerge the other side, well and whole, you will have so many gifts to share. It doesn't seem fair, I know, to suffer so much. But what you will have learned about suffering, and survival, is invaluable. Please try and hang in there a little while longer.

You will find many supportive people here to listen and who will support you in these difficult times,

Catherine

3. Sq~

Sq~ New Member

Yeah, that's important. At least we are reading that you post, think carefully and post if you have news on you mind.

4. Bloodrose

Bloodrose Member

Thanks guys... :tongue:

5. katblack77

katblack77 Active Member

That is shocking to hear that you were treated in such an awful manner, and from so-called professionals as well. How is that meant to assist someone in a time of crisis.

6. hirondelle

hirondelle Member

Hi Bloodrose

I was really shocked to hear of your experience, although hospitals can be very scary places, psychiatric hospitals are still difficult places with all people with psychiatric diagnoses are lumped together, but the staff should know better and everyone deserves to be treated with respect.

Please stay with us and help us change the cultures that cause such distress at times when we are at our most vulnerable and disorientated. This site seems to be very supportive and provides an outlet where you can share stuff that may be too difficult to talk to people face to face at the moment.

Warmes wishes

Hirondelle

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.