I wish the world was a better place

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by mynameisbrian, Apr 7, 2013.

1. mynameisbrian

mynameisbrian Active Member

I just wish people were more kind towards one another and less cynical and negative towards each other. I wish our society was more accepting, caring, and open-minded towards people. I wish that some of the most compassionate and sweetest people on earth were not the most mistreated and self-hating people on the earth.

With a depressed mind it's hard for me to express myself...I just wish humanity did a better job at having some humanity.

I know I myself am being a little cynical here...but sometimes, after witnessing the worst in people, you have to at least acknowledge it.

2. Much afraid

Much afraid Well-Known Member

I have to first acknowledge that I can be so unkind, especially in reaction to those who hurt people/lash out at those I care for. So I wish I were more consistently kind to everyone. That said, I too wish humanity could be synonymous with being humane (and kind and caring.)

3. flowers

flowers Senior Member

I think that your wishes and longing speak of a good and caring heart. I wish the world right now had more humanity. But I seriously believe that things are going to get much better. That people will be kinder to each other. I believe this in my heart. Things will be much better. But as you can see, we sure are not there yet. Take care of that good heart of yours. The world needs it !!

4. mynameisbrian

Yeah, everyone can do a better job at that. Everyone can be better.

Even people who most associate with kindness like Mother Theresa or the Dalai Lama have treated people poorly in their lives. I personally believe Christ to be completely human, so I'm sure even he had some moments of being a jerk in his life, despite preaching what he preached.

Thanks.

You're very optimistic.

5. flowers

flowers Senior Member

I just believe what I have heard from many teachers I have heard over the years from many different walks of life. i can feel it in my heart that they are correct. Of course thats just my truth. Everyone has their truth. And no one can say one truth is more valid or correct than another

6. mynameisbrian

Well, I hope you're right.

Something drastic has to take place for so much of the world's cruelty and unnecessary suffering to at least lessen.

7. flowers

flowers Senior Member

yes indeed. :hug: I do agree

8. snarrylover

snarrylover Well-Known Member

The last few years have taught me that it's only getting worse.

9. Bishop Vick

Bishop Vick Member

I hear you there! It seems like we're headed to what could be the darkest dark age ever, and it makes me really sad.