I wish there were a reset button

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Moteh, Mar 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moteh

Moteh Member

I don't know why, but I always see life as a game. There is a plot, a major task, submissions, side characters and power ups(technology). With all of the things that happen it just seems perfect.

For instance, if you keep messing up at a game long enough, evenually the game makes a major "slip-up" and pretty much lets you win a level. I can recall so many situations like that.
    For a while,however, I've gotten bored of this path and the game in it's entirety. For too long, I've been wondering if there is a reset button hidden somewhere or if I lost all lives, if I would be promted with a "continue?" screen.Maybe it's just boredom or the fact that I've been playing games all of my life, but I think I'm going to find out sooner than I expected. In the meantime, I think I'll use the rest of this life to see what everyone else thinks. I want to know what other people can compare life to. What is it that our overlooked society wishes to become a reality?
  2. carol2237

carol2237 Guest

hey hunny, i know what you mean, there are so many things i would change if i could start over, but it is not possible, so we have to move on. This is hard i know, but you cannot dwell on the past, it leads to bad feelings. I hope you can find some peace of mind, know that my pm box is always open.

3. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

ive never thought of life that way but it really is an interesting way to think of it.

if life was like a computer game, i wish i had the cheat code that improves my character.
    at present time, im just blindly rushing through this 'level', messing up deliberately and waiting for my 'lives' to run out.
  4. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Well, you see. Game designers are better humanitarians than most other people. They'll give you another chance. In RL, most people won't.

I never really looked at life as a game. although I suppose there are many people who do. I realize it's serious business. And sad to say, there is no reset button. Unless you happen to get lucky and get a second shot at something you want to do.
  5. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

If my life is a game, i want to find the SWITCH OFF button.
  6. bleach

bleach Well-Known Member

Yeah agree with the OP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.