I wonder why I should keep going...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Dreamerofhappydays, Dec 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I try as hard as I can sometimes but it doesn't matter what I do. I try but I still can't get a girl yet people have told me that they love nice guys. What Liars. A guy dated a girl for only a week as nice guy but yet when he was a total jerk and used a different girl for sexual activity somehow they last for 6-9 months.
    Im such a failure and now Im having suicidal thoughts again at the realization of how I have no real friends or any real chances of making any nor any feelings that I can use to help me get some. Cutting myself sounds better but I don't do it but I probably deserve it. Why not just give up? Im a failure anyway.

2. terrip1962

terrip1962 New Member

:( Sorry your feeling bad today, it's not easy when you put your heart into something and it doesn't work out. I've been there before and it's very painful. I'm glad you shared your feelings because that makes you a stronger person then you think you are. I use to log everything in a book when I was at my lowest but after seeing this site at least someone read what I was feeling and I could let it all out knowing I wasn't alone. I hope you have a better day. :)

3. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

Really whether the girl likes "nice guys" or "jerks" depends on the girl. Some girls do seem drawn to jerks but that percentage of girls gets lower as they grow out of it as a rule. Some girls like nice guys, period. Cutting yourself certainly won't help and you don't deserve it. I know you don't want to hear this but you need to work on your own confidence. Whether nice or jerks, girls like guys who are confident.

If you have a few minutes, this Ted Talk is good:

a lot of people say they don't want to "pretend" to be confident because its not who they are (and I totally get that) but this Ted Talk is all about the scientific evidence of behaving a certain way changing how you feel and your confidence levels. Its a good one.

Don't give up!

4. Renegade

Renegade Well-Known Member

Hey mate, I was just the same too, then i read a book called "No More Mr Nice Guy by Robert Glover" and it was the first step in changing in the right direction. Theres no book that will get you the "girls" but there are many things you can do to change yourself in a good way for YOURSELF, its likely not going to change overnight, but with practice you'll understand things better.

I'll be happy to send you to book if you want it.

Btw this is not about changing who you are to suit girls, this is about changing who you are so that YOU can feel better about yourself and this will naturally change how you behave with not just girls but everyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.