I wont ever see a psychistrist again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all
Perhaps some of you know, that Ive been seeing a psychiatrist for some time.
The plan for yesterday was seeing my psychiatrist and speaking about changing my medication since i felt that i wasnt responding to it well enough... and today i was supposed to have an appointment with the clinic, where i wanted to start a stationary therapy, which i also told my psychiatrist

Instead of letting me do that, my psychiatrist suddenly told me, after about 5 minutes of speaking to him with my dad, that he had to send me to the psych ward for being "suicidal" which i wasnt at that point
I wanted to beat depression but instead i was betrayed by him

Well im on a hunger strike right now either they let me go or i will die of thirst

I fcking hate my parents
They knew how bad it was for me in the psych ward, instead of letting me seek help in a clinic, they expressed their "concern" and that they couldnt sleep at night because of me

Well i definitely wont move back home ever again
I hate my parents so much now
They used to be my reason to seek help in the first place

I wont ever speak to them or to any psychiatrist again

If depression kills me or i die of thirst, so be it, i cant get any help anyway

Sorry to hear this Richard

Instead of letting me do that, my psychiatrist suddenly told me, after about 5 minutes of speaking to him with my dad, that he had to send me to the psych ward for being "suicidal" which i wasnt at that point
I wanted to beat depression but instead i was betrayed by him
I think that sometimes parents resort to heavy-handed methods too quickly. They're not always thinking about the harm that a forced hospitalization can cause when it's not needed.

Well im on a hunger strike right now either they let me go or i will die of thirst
It may be a shrewder tactic to relent on the strike. The more you strike, the longer they will keep you in the hospital. And at some point, they're probably going to try to force-feed you.

If you say to them "I've calmed down now, I'm not on strike anymore. I don't think that I should have been hospitalized though, and I'd like to be released", your chances of getting out are better.

The hospital has a financial incentive to keep you against your will if they are getting insurance money. If you contact the insurer and tell them that your hospitalization in unnecessary, you might be able to convince them to cut off payment, in which case the hospital may let you go.

You may have sufficient legal rights to fight your hospitalization, so you may want to think about getting a lawyer involved.

Fighting this through a legal process is far more likely to produce good results than attempting a hunger strike.

Sorry to hear this Richard

I think that sometimes parents resort to heavy-handed methods too quickly. They're not always thinking about the harm that a forced hospitalization can cause when it's not needed.

It may be a shrewder tactic to relent on the strike. The more you strike, the longer they will keep you in the hospital. And at some point, they're probably going to try to force-feed you.

If you say to them "I've calmed down now, I'm not on strike anymore. I don't think that I should have been hospitalized though, and I'd like to be released", your chances of getting out are better.

The hospital has a financial incentive to keep you against your will if they are getting insurance money. If you contact the insurer and tell them that your hospitalization in unnecessary, you might be able to convince them to cut off payment, in which case the hospital may let you go.

You may have sufficient legal rights to fight your hospitalization, so you may want to think about getting a lawyer involved.

Fighting this through a legal process is far more likely to produce good results than attempting a hunger strike.
I live in switzerland, they are by law not allowed to force feed me
I was calm and i spoke with them
They were ok with me leaving tomorrow but my parents insisted on FORCING ME TO STAY

I feel like fcking murdering them at this point

Okay ive calmed down a bit...

I will just get out (from here), go home and get my stuff and then i will move somewhere else to live...

Rockclimbinggirl

SF climber
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hmm as an adult, I am not sure if your parents can force you to stay in the hospital. Have you looked up your legal rights regarding that?

I hope you have somewhere safe to go. Take care

Paisley

SF Artist
SF Supporter
That's really awful... you should be the only one deciding which methods you want to use to try and alleviate your depression. You deserve respect, and I'm so sorry you haven't been shown it. I understand how hard it is to have to move out of a parent's home due to a sudden betrayal, but you're strong and I'm sure that you'll manage to find your way. Best of luck on your new path.

Hmm as an adult, I am not sure if your parents can force you to stay in the hospital. Have you looked up your legal rights regarding that?

I hope you have somewhere safe to go. Take care
I have and i have taken legal action.
I should be released in a few days

I dont really have somewhere safe to go

I will probably move to another country for some time because i cant afford living in switzerland

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Good luck with all this, man. I don't know the legalities of Switzerland but just wanted to send some good thoughts your way. I hope things turn out ok for you. Come check back in again soon.

Update: i will probably move out but stay rather close in order to keep studying.

Concerning the financial part, i havent yet found a solution with my parents

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hi there, I am so sorry you had this bad experience. It is though just one bad experience, don't let it define your future help seeking. Wishing you the very best and keep us updated.

I just found out that my sister, who i used to trust with everything has told my friends, that i am manipulative regarding my suicidal thoughts, that id try to evade questions regarding that topic and that i would lie to my psychiatrist...

I honestly dont know what to think of her anymore. I used to have a very good relationship to her...
I dont understand why she would say such a thing...

It feels like my entire life is crumbling infront of my eyes...
My psychiatrist even noted that i wasnt ready to be open about my thoughts....
But when he asks me what makes me feel suicidal, i really dont know at times, i dont know what i would tell him because i dont understand why... thats why i was seeking help...

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I just found out that my sister, who i used to trust with everything has told my friends, that i am manipulative regarding my suicidal thoughts, that id try to evade questions regarding that topic and that i would lie to my psychiatrist...

I honestly dont know what to think of her anymore. I used to have a very good relationship to her...
I dont understand why she would say such a thing...

It feels like my entire life is crumbling infront of my eyes...
My psychiatrist even noted that i wasnt ready to be open about my thoughts....
But when he asks me what makes me feel suicidal, i really dont know at times, i dont know what i would tell him because i dont understand why... thats why i was seeking help...
It can seem very intimidating when they are in front of you firing questions, maybe write down how you feel and show it to them?
Regarding your sister, I think she is just probably worried about you, or does not understand you, she might not mean what she is saying and could be saying it in the heat of the moment or reaching out for help herself in how to handle all that is going on and is scared. I'm sure deep down she loves you and wants you to be well again :)
Best wishes @richard 1998

I just dont know how i can build up trust to my family again...
Last sunday i was still looking forward to going to the clinic but now everything that was dear to me is gone...
Im truly having a fcking melt down...

Dawn

I am very sorry u are feeling so badly Richard. I agree that if u were not suicidal that u shouldn't have been hospitalized. But try to realize that if u indeed killed your self and your parents had done nothing that they would blame themselves for the rest of their life. It sounds like they care very much for u and u are very blessed to have that. It scares family members and distresses them greatly knowing that u are thinking about killing your self. If u think about it that way and that they have good intentions I think that would help a lot. I have never had family who care for me like that and u are fortunate. If your dad or mom was suicidal that would be very distressing to u too

I hope that u rethink getting help because suicidal depression can be treated. That way u can feel better and be able to get where u want in life without suffering so much. It is not wise to threaten to kill your self by going on a hunger and thirst strike. It will not serve u well and u will regret it. It shows that u are indeed unstable and that u are not making rational decisions and they will use that against u, believe me.

I am very sorry u are feeling so badly Richard. I agree that if u were not suicidal that u shouldn't have been hospitalized. But try to realize that if u indeed killed your self and your parents had done nothing that they would blame themselves for the rest of their life. It sounds like they care very much for u and u are very blessed to have that. It scares family members and distresses them greatly knowing that u are thinking about killing your self. If u think about it that way and that they have good intentions I think that would help a lot. I have never had family who care for me like that and u are fortunate. If your dad or mom was suicidal that would be very distressing to u too

I hope that u rethink getting help because suicidal depression can be treated. That way u can feel better and be able to get where u want in life without suffering so much. It is not wise to threaten to kill your self by going on a hunger and thirst strike. It will not serve u well and u will regret it. It shows that u are indeed unstable and that u are not making rational decisions and they will use that against u, believe me.
I know i know...
Ive had much time to think in the past few days...
Im looking for a psychotherapist right now...
I know that my family loves me and i love them too
But i feel like i need a little space, just for right now...
Ive spoken with my family and i will move to my cousins place (my family has a few appartments not far from home) that way i can get a little space
And i feel like i havent been taking my therapy into my own hands enough... and that it has really become time for me to do so...

Ive also stopped the entire hunger strike stuff...

Being forced into a psych ward just makes me feel, as if i was being treated like a convicted felon...

Short update

I just had a good phone call with my parents.
(They were here today also and the psychiatrist basically told them, that its important for them to know, that we (me and my siblings) arent children anymore and that its important, that young adults are also given more space but also responsibility

My / our plan atm is, that i first start the new therapy and perhaps i stay for a time with my cousin or whatever and later i decide if i want to move out or move back home etc.
I could also stay here at the clinic for some/a short time (it is much better than the last one and i really like the people here)

The phone call was really a big relief to me and i think to my parents too... ive also told them that... i didnt mean any of the negative things i told them in the past few days...

And i also wanted to say
THANK YOU
To all of you reading this or also posting
You are a great and supportive community and i feel blessed for having the privilege to have such a strong support by all of you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$135.00
Goal
$255.00