i would like to know

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by silent_chaos, Sep 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silent_chaos

silent_chaos Well-Known Member

What can I do or use to fade cuts and burns scares?​

2. Cicada 3301

Cicada 3301 Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

For cuts that have scarred you can use bio-oil. I'm not sure if you can use it for burns too. If the cuts or burns are severe you can consider using make-up to cover them, it's not the perfect solution but it will reduce their visibility. If it's a serious issue for you, you can also consider surgery if there are severe cuts or burns. There is a thread on this forum for tips on how to reduce scarring. It is quite a big thread and it has many suggestions so it would be worth a read through. I will link it here and hopefully you can see it.

Scar reduction thread - https://www.suicideforum.com/threads/scar-reduction.2013/
    (It's the 2nd sticky in the Self Harm section of the forum)

3. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Lotions with Vitamin E or even vitamin E capsules you break open and rub over any scars helps to fade them also.

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Another vote for bio-oil. It is fantastic. Everyone I know and met in the psych ward have had great success with bio-oil as have I. My scars are noticable and it doesn't bother me much but bio-oil has helped me fade and tone them down. I hope you find something that works for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.