I would rather kill myself than keep encountering girls who don't like me or already

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Ldub20, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Ldub20

Ldub20 Well-Known Member

have boyfriends!

It's crossed my mind so many times now. I feel dark, empty, lonely, like no one cares about me. It's almost like I have no reason to be living right now. I'm tired of feeling like this, I'm tired of no one caring about me, I'm tired of wasting my time on things that's never going to happen. I can't get a girlfriend if I tried, all of my friends with happy and successful relationships make me so envious it depresses me even more that they're happy and I'm not. Anyone have anything they want to say, because I'm really starting to think about successfully committing suicide.

2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Re: I would rather kill myself than keep encountering girls who don't like me or alre

It sucks that you haven't had great luck with girls but that's no reason to end your life. It can be hard when it seems like everyone else is happy in a relationship, but that's not all there is to life. There are so many other things that you can do to be happy again. It's best not to look for love because it will come when you least expect it.

3. Ldub20

Ldub20 Well-Known Member

Re: I would rather kill myself than keep encountering girls who don't like me or alre

That had better be true Witty_Sarcasm. It doesn't help that I've got Asperger's Syndrome. If my life is to never have a girlfriend what use is it? Life is just a waste of time without a significant other.

4. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I know it can be hard, because it can be very lonely when you're on our own. Just don't give up your search for the right girl--I know she will come into your life someday. :smile:

5. Tmacster1

Tmacster1 Well-Known Member

I would agree with you on this one. But sometimes it tales time to find that signicant other you were talking about. Having a girlfriend is a great thing but not all of us has one or got one. I'm 18 been single practically my entire life. Never had a girlfriend. I wish I did but I was so shy and was never able to really speak to girls. I can now but I can't ask them on a date because of my shyness. I'm sorry to hear that you have Aspergers Syndrome. I don't think you should give your life up just because you don't have a girlfriend yet. Like I said it takes time to find that one that you will be with. Some won't be that one and that's all right. Just press on and you will find the one for you. Having a girl friend isn't the entire world. I hope that you do find that girl your looking for.

Trevor,

6. Ldub20

Ldub20 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the support people. I hope all of you are correct. If it's God's plan or the Universe's plan to keep me single, both can swallow my rejection of their plans.

7. 1112222

1112222 Well-Known Member

If you want a girlfriend your going to have to face the possibility of being rejected numerous times before you find someone.... Sucks but its something you have just gotta deal with.

8. Ldub20

Ldub20 Well-Known Member

True, but feelings of powerlessness are overwhelming. That's the part I can't handle.

9. AsphyxiateOnMisery

AsphyxiateOnMisery Well-Known Member

Have you tried online dating? That's the easiest way for someone who isn't very skilled socially to find a partner.

10. Ldub20

Ldub20 Well-Known Member

I don't trust it completely but hope it works StrangeAsAngels. There is no benefit to being single and if I'm to be single my entire life it'll have been a waste. Life is meaningless without a significant other.

11. Ldub20

Ldub20 Well-Known Member

This terminal illness of being single makes me ENVY people with AIDS, ALS, and inoperable cancer. At least their terminal illnesses will guarantee death, unlike mine. I'd trade places with people with ALS or AIDS any day.

12. 1112222

WTF Dude I seriously hope you don't act like this in front of the ladies because saying dumb shit like this is not going to impress the fairer sex.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2012
  13. gloomy

gloomy Account Closed

Well, if you really want AIDS, I don't think it would be too hard to get it. There are plenty of prostitutes who would be willing to have unprotected sex with you-- just make sure they're also drug addicts and don't look like they're just starting out. Either that, or start paying heroin addicts for their used needles and prick away. I'm sure you'll be a lot happier when your tests come back and you're HIV positive.

So yeah, I think you're being wayyyy too melodramatic hereā€¦ being single isn't terminal at all. Lots of people in the world are single. It's also not an illness if you don't like being single. It's an illness if you're chronically depressed, but sometimes even that can go away with a little exercise and the right attitude.

I hate to say it, but the poster above me is correct that if you go around with this attitude then you're part of your own problem and no one can help you but yourself.

14. Ldub20

Ldub20 Well-Known Member

I probably don't want AIDS but I don't want this either. I know I should probably tell myself that being single is only a death sentence if you make it a death sentence. But how am I supposed to believe that when all I've had in response to my attempts to woo girls has been crap hitting the fan? A guy can take so many things that don't go his way. It'd be easier to have 95 bad relationships just to prove that I can be in one. I don't mean to sound like a crybaby but these incidents make me feel this way. Hell, I'd be willing to die a thousand deaths just to be with a girl and have her like above every other person with a joystick.

15. AsphyxiateOnMisery

It does work. I met plenty of people that way. Try okcupid.com or plentyoffish.com

They're both free and many people are on them, from various countries even, if you're not in the U.S.

16. gloomy

gloomy Account Closed

If you feel like you need a girlfriend in order to have a reason to live, then that's your problem.
    Well, one of them anyways.

17. Ldub20

Ldub20 Well-Known Member

I know I sounded foolish, 1112222, thinking that there'd never be girls that reject me. There will. Thing is, 1112222, I would rather kill myself now than never meet a girl who WON'T reject me and dislike me. If there'll be girls who'll reject me, shouldn't I come across some that won't? I know my attitude must improve but it's hard to bring myself to believe that I'll meet those that are willing to talk to me and not reject me.

18. 1112222

Well if you carry on like this by doing nothing but bitch and moan nonstop or act like the world has ended because some girl has rejected you then you are never going to find a girl who likes you.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2012
  19. AsphyxiateOnMisery

Do you have to be rude about it? He's not "bitching and moaning", he's talking about his problems, just like the rest of us are talking about ours. Just because you think his problems are "minor", doesn't make them any more tolerable to him. Everyone has a certain amount of tolerance and a certain amount of coping skills, when each of these runs out, the person feels bad. It doesn't matter how "minor" or "major" the problem itself is.

20. 1112222

Well if you think that being straightforward and honest is being rude... well that's your problem not mine.
    Not to mention if he acted like this in real life or on any other forum, people would say far worse things to him than I did.