I would tell someone

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by ML-RR, Dec 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ML-RR

ML-RR New Member

but
    A) I don't want to burden anyone else with my weakness and,
    B) Ironically, I am afraid that anyone I would tell would overreact and have me Baker Acted (which I do not need, I am in no imminent danger), which would ruin my future plans because what I want to do asks for mental health history.

[Begin rant]
    So clearly I don't want to die, because I have those future plans that I don't want to ruin. Yet, I don't know how I'm going to get there when I feel so empty. It just consistently feels like I'm not worth anything to anyone. And I don't know how I'll have the strength to get through this when the person I knew with the brightest future took his life. If he can't make it, how could I? And, yeah, I can count four people who actually want me to stay alive. Four people who I would break irreparably. And clearly I don't want to do that. But, like...how do you not? How do I counteract this? Furthermore, should I even bother? My health is probably going to kill me young anyway, and I don't really have the ability to change my lifestyle enough to make a difference in that. What difference does it make to stop the suicide if I just die young anyway? And let's be clear, if suicide happens, it happens. I would never choose to die. If it happens it will pretty much be involuntary. It just seems like, if I don't want to be more of a burden than I already am, then this is inevitable. I just...I don't see how I can escape this.

2 people like this.
  2. when I tell someone that say that I'm just a teenager and my problem will go away be the years but I know that my problems are not common teenage problems... or they say that I am on the influence of movies and stuff like that. no body wants to understand it.

2 people like this.
  3. True-Lee

True-Lee Well-Known Member

I am sorry you feel the way that you do ML -RR, I believe that you have come to the right place with those feelings though. This site is confidential we never tell anyone that you are here or who you are. I would like to say a few things first, In here never consider yourself a burden, I do not know what you are referring to when you say weakness, most people in here have been dealing with depression, almost all in here have dealt with it in one degree or another, I do not know if that is what you are referring to. We will not overreact which I feel that you believe at this point, like I said all of us have dealt with most like the same issues that you seem to be dealing with now! I am glad to see that you willing to share your fears or some of them with us, I an probably most do not consider what you are saying Rants.! I myself hear what you are saying, we want you to stay alive, I believe I can speak for everyone in here. We do want you to stay Alive! I can not speak to your friend with the brightest future! I can only speak to what I know. I know right now that you have come here seeking help, Your age does not matter, what matters, you are searching for answers, I believe that you need some support and help finding those answers. We do care we want to help provide you with those answers, we should be able to answer some if not all of your questions. We will not Judge You in any way, not in age, sex, beliefs, nationality, we just ask you to respect those same rights of others. I believe that you are aware enough to do that, I welcome you to this Forum, You ML-RR are a member of this forum with all of the rights and responsibilities of every one else, We are here for you, We offer you support and we would also like to help you gain this knowledge that you are looking for. You can escape this Feeling that you are talking about, others have done it, some in here are working on the ways to do it, We are all in this together! I hope that you get your answers that you are seeking, I am sure they are here!
    ML-RR, in here you are safe, you are hurting this we can understand, if you do not see or hear the answers you are looking for ask someone, Please be Gentle on yourself. Know again We are here for you!

4. True-Lee

Hi girlwhostopped to care, You are Right, Your problems are Human problems they have no age limit, young or old they know no boundaries, your problems or issues in all probability will not just go away, and No they are not common teenage problems, in here we know that and are aware of it!
    You too are right it is not that they do not Want to know, they just don't know and can not understand and yes I am sure that some are in denial
    but IMHO most just don't take the time to understand! I am sorry that you have had to come to that realization long before most others do! You both here that I am addressing are obviously are intelligent, I do not practice Flattery, I am just speaking the truth as I see it. We are here for you
    all that you have to do is ask, generally someone will respond in a short time! I would like to welcome you also to this Forum, as before I say you are welcome here, read some of the Forum postings, talk to some that you see here, this is yours, mine or our Forum, it is here for you!

5. hey, I'm so glad you replied. I see that you care and you put so much effort. That makes me smile.

2 people like this.
  6. True-Lee

I am glad that You feel that way, Your smile makes my heart feel better today, with that I have to say that One Smile Is Beautiful. It makes me want to help others smile as well! Thank You!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.