I...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Little_me, Mar 10, 2010.

1. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

...I got interested in someone at a party about a week ago. We've had no contact, but now I sent him a message ("Hiya"..)

what am I gonna do now? I've never done such a thing!! I'm a little scared :O

2. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

first, take a deep breath and relax

second, give yourself a pat on the back - never in my life have i ever been able to do that much if i saw anyone i liked - if my wife hadn't made the first move i'd probably still be single now

third, be patient and see what happens

what you did is a good thing - go with it

good luck

3. wonderer

wonderer Well-Known Member

Good for you!
    If he responds just ask him how its going :)
    It takes a lot of guts to put yourself out there!

4. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

It feels like I'm on an edge now. How weird... I did consider writing something more, but that would seem too desperate. But I'm so shy...

5. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

then don't push too hard - you're doing fine

just remember that not everyone will respond to an overture

but still give yourself high marks for obviously stepping out of your comfort zone

6. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

Ahh, I remember that feeling! Axiety mixed with excitement, I'd say. You just gotta try and get it out of your mind and focus on something else until he either replies or you realise he isn't ever going to reply.

Enjoy the feeling, make the most of it. There'll come a time when you'll miss it. I know I do.