Ibuprofen addiction?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Spearmint, Nov 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

:unsure: Okay, so..For the past two months or so, I've slowly become dependent on Motrin (ibuprofen.) But uhm, now it's at the point where if I don't take some, I get random aches and pains, I already have a headache from the meds I'm taking, but then I get one if I don't take ibuprofen, so it's like, two times as bad, do you guys think it's possible I'm addicted to them..? :unsure:
  2. lulu rose

lulu rose Guest

it could be possible that your body is sort of "kicking up" to get its fix of ibuprofene.

I myself have become addicted to them too. Through my Overdoses of ibuprofene.

I find that if I dont take them I start getting really edgy, I feel sick, physicly sick and my mood gets really really bad.

But I actually have to take painkillers due to arthiritis, so I've no idea if its good or bad.

I'd say though, its your body getting you to give it, it's fix. It shouldnt be too much of a problem if you're only taking 2 or so a day, if it's more then I suggest you sit with your doctors and have a word with them about it. they may be able to figure something out for you ^_^
  3. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

it could be that you are becoming too dependant on them Jess. That happened to me where i was popping up to 6 at a time and if i didn't i'd get the king of all migraines. you need to start weening yourself off of them before they do serious damage to your liver. If you still get migraines, talk to family doc. they can give you imitrex or topamax which is one pill and migraine is gone. :hug: hope this helped
  4. rwillson

rwillson Well-Known Member

i haven't heard of anyone becoming addicted emotionaly and mentaly to an NSIAD like ibuprofene but i believe the body (physiologicaly) can become addicted to almost anything, either due to tolerance, constant use and still suffer withdrawll...

5. down_and_low

down_and_low Active Member

I don't take ibuprofene, but i've been taking paracetamol alot recently. It sort of numbs the pain, and acts as a barrier to prevent me worrying as much. When i don't take it i worry alot more. I'm quite concerned about it actually...
  6. Just to say, if you become dependant and addicted to a painkiller, like ibuprofen, it can cause serious damage, or it can be doing damage to you.
  7. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

Ibuprofen causes permanent heart damage; you really should stop using so much. Same with the new coxide substance. You should settle with acetyl salicyl acid, or, perhaps, paracetamol.
  8. voices_inmy_head

voices_inmy_head Well-Known Member

Yes you can get addicted to Ibuprofen so I would recommend coming off them slowly, your body will come up with phantom pains because its missing the drugs.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.