I'd rather sleep forever

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by SwimToTheMoon, Aug 11, 2016.

1. SwimToTheMoon

SwimToTheMoon Member

Until it's time to go. Just feels like biding my time.

2. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Hugs. I am sorry that you are feeling so bad.

3. SwimToTheMoon

SwimToTheMoon Member

Hugs. Thanks. Don't have the energy to fight. And wouldn't know what for anymore.

4. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

What about other people in your life? Think about little everyday things that matter.

5. moxman

moxman Well-Known Member

Hi Swim, I'm Mox

Maybe if you shared some more of your story , we could help you better? Feel free to read my story in the green below this reply. What has gotten you so upset? The more you share the more we can help you.

Take Care

6. SwimToTheMoon

SwimToTheMoon Member

Hey Mox. Thanks for the words. I'm not the best with words or being able to express. It's just an accumulation of life failures. I've never really succeeded at anything. I didnt have one traumatic event I've just always felt misery. I never thought I'd live to be a grown man and I feel lost. My anxiety and depression, over thinking has crippled a lot of efforts.

7. moxman

moxman Well-Known Member

Let's be honest for a second, you found us because you googled suicide or something and stumbled across us. (Like I did) If you do not feel safe then please go the nearest ER and get the help you need. There's no shame in getting help.

Hate to hear you feel that way. Have you thought about getting some professional help? I would recommend you see a psychiatrist and they can give you some medication to help you deal with anxiety and depression. Have you thought about seeing a counselor? if you are considering suicide then seeing a counselor is a good idea.

Don't hesitate to reach out to any of us for help.

Take Care

8. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

I like your user name. Swimtothemoon.

When I envision sleeping its floating in water just drifting no lapping.

I do feel I want to lie down and go to sleep forever but sometimes getting a break from your stressors in life might help you recharge if you felt this way for a long time?

9. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hiya, I am sorry you're feeling so depressed and anxious, no one should have to go through all of that. May I ask what age did it start at and did you get treatment straight away or waited? I hope things get better for you! You are important and please never ever give up on yourself, look how far you have come. You didn't get this far for no reason! :)

10. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

Wow, I so relate. I haven't had a particularly traumatic event. Just never succeed at anything. Except eating myself to the point of destroying my digestive system. In pain a lot and STILL can't stop eating. Just had fought depression, anxiety and suicidal thoughts since high school. I am 64 now. And go to bed most nights hoping not to wake up. But I do. And start the same old crap all over again. There have been a few moments of pleasure and joy. But not enough. And over thinking. Damn. Sometimes I wish I hadn't been born with a brain. Anyway, I do understand. Sending hugs your way.