I'd say hello, but it's all been said before

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by bereft9, Sep 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bereft9

bereft9 Member

So...hello, anyway, gotta be socially appropriate.
    I'm 55, and I've been struggling with not killing myself since I was 13. Like I said, it's all been said before, it's all been done, after this many years. My issues are borderline personality disorder, addiction, compulsive overeating, and social phobia. My strengths are my Christianity, my sense of humor, my family (sometimes), maybe a little tiny glimmer of hope, and a desire not to hurt my family.
    I just need somewhere to talk, some place that doesn't cost money, because I don't have medical insurance.
    I don't have any plans to take my life in the near future, but I am feeling very low and unable to keep going.
    So...greetings to all. :disturbed:
  2. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF.

There are a number of other members (I've lost count) - who are at a similar age to yourself here - as this site holds only a minimum of 13 on its age range (unless its changed), but there are people who have various issues of similar nature to yours too.

There is also a chatroom - although you have social phobia there might be some perks to it for you. (Real time conversations about almost everything against waiting for replies) - it might just be worth reading the FAQ though - for general limits are advised (pro-life = no methods on "how to" - peer-to-peer = when necessary, try seeking professsional help.. etc)

Hope you find the support you'd like too.
  3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hello and welcome to SF. You can definitely talk about anything that's on your mind here, and you'll find great support too.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.