Ideas?

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by distress, Jun 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. distress

distress Well-Known Member

The problem with my depression is that is makes my want to drink and i really ned to stop. then the drinkig leads to selfharm then the self harm leads to worse. I just need a better coping method... ideas? whats yours? i really need help please

2. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

alcohol is a known depressant so does make you feel worse in the long run
    have you spoken to a doctor about your depression and SH?

3. distress

yer i havce my doc is a fukn loser tho and i cant foint oje tthat is worth my time as they all are just pricks looking for money.

4. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

lol ithis is me too except for the sellf harm bit (well the drinkin myself to death is self harm in a way but not like cutting or whatever)

i agrree doctors are useless but im afraid i dont know of a good alternative.
    may be Alcoholics Anonymous if you are relgigious? (i dont want to try them coz i dont believe in god or anything but if you believe that might work for you?

other than that i dont know , sorry.

5. ConfusedSilence

ConfusedSilence Well-Known Member

My coping method is crying then resolving to go and see someone. Doesn't do much for my mood and situation, but it helps me get to sleep at night.

6. distress

Im not an Alcoholic, it's not an all the time thing its just that i dont know a better way to cope. Sometimes there isn't any drinking involved

7. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

oh i didnt mean it that way, im not an alcholoic either but i just thought may be they could offer help/some suggestions for you,

as i am afraid i dont know of any other things ..

sorry.

8. distress

I do see where your coming from thanks for the advice, maybe it wouldnt hurt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.