Idiots protesting climate change arrested

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Prinnctopher's Belt, Dec 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

Do you know how dumb these people have to be to protest climate change, as if there's something humans can do about it without killing half the planet's population? What a bunch of morons. Not to mention that much of the 'climate change' Earth has experienced is coming from the Sun and other cosmic activity. Changes on other planets have also been observed. Gee whiz, talk about a waste of a Saturday and a trip to Copenhagen.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2009
  2. Ziggy

Ziggy Antiquitie's Friend

They were morons for resorting to violence, not for caring about the planet. I'm not sure where cosmic activity comes into it.

The first thing I thought when I read this thread is "I bet you're American..." I guess that was wrong of me, but it strikes me that most people who speak out against climate change campaigners tend to be. (I think that's partly because you don't live in a country that's affected much by climate change)
  3. Prinnctopher's Belt

Hey, I'm not against them. I just disagree with their message because it's destructive. And we ALL live in countries that are affected by climate change. That's what makes it global. There's certainly no need to try to rise against it because the major cause of it is something that's beyond human control. And, quite frankly, anyone telling you that we can is probably part of the scheme to get money out of your pockets and tax you for something that can't be stopped.
  4. Ziggy

I think good things can come out of it though (and as you've pointed out so can bad things). Let's say people protest about global warming and highlight the problem of deforestation. In the end it may have no effect on global warming, but a reduction in deforestation would still be a good thing I think. So maybe the message is a positive one.
  5. Prinnctopher's Belt

I like pencils. I like paper. I like houses. We need wood for these conveniences, and many more. Deforestation is a side effect of human civilization. Now, perhaps if we killed off 50-60% of humans on the Earth, then we wouldn't have a need to use so much wood. And then you can have all the trees you want -- who cares that 3.5 billion people had to be killed for them. And that's just for TREES, not to mention all the other Earthly resources we destroy everyday for our convenience.

It don't look so positive anymore now does it. It's simple supply an demand.
  6. Prinnctopher's Belt

Fuck that. While you're talking about saving TREES, millions of people are being genocided all over the planet, and many more to come, particularly in Africa. Don't you know Uganda is about to pass laws that will make witch hunting and executing homosexuals the norm there?

Fuck tress, I see trees every damn day. For most trees that are cut down, new trees are put in their place. Climate change is happening with or without the damn trees and there's nothing we can do to stop the damn SUN.
  7. Ziggy

I like houses. But do obese children need to eat large amounts of beefburgers?
  8. Prinnctopher's Belt

YES. They do. Because they can. Because we have the cows to do it. And don't you want cows dead because their flatulence is adding to greenhouse gasses and upping the carbon footprints? :rofl:

Besides, who doesn't like Whoppers? I sure as hell do, with added bacon.
  9. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

Ice age, melt down, ice age melt down, ice age.. and now, melt down. It's called the Earth's natural process. I'm not american, I'm english, and I'm speaking against it. It's going to happen because it's nature, it's happened for almost 5 billion (or is it million? I forget) years. What the hell do they think we can do to stop it? Damn..
  10. Datura

Datura Well-Known Member

Apparently you never took a grade school science class where it's explained that trees release oxygen into the atmosphere via photosynthesis which is VITAL for human survival.
  11. Prinnctopher's Belt

Thank you for your third grade input.
  12. Ziggy

You may be 100% correct Prinnctopher's Belt. But let's look at the quotes:

I can kinda feel some sympathy for the protesters :smile:
  13. Prinnctopher's Belt

It's unfortunate, but it's nature. Protesting isn't going to stop nature, and what the hell does this poor woman expect to be done about it? Nothing can be done about it except that she do what civilizations have been doing for all of its existence -- move your ass to a place where there are better resources for you to survive.
  14. Ziggy

It is unfortunate, she is a poor woman, and maybe she should move. But we know who she is, we know what's important to her, what's important to everyone. And I don't think you can call her dumb or a moron.
  15. Prinnctopher's Belt

She's an idiot for thinking there's something humans can do to stop natural cycles or cosmic activity that also is effecting other planets. That's my opinion, and your agreement is neither required nor desired.
  16. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

Fuck trees? Yeah well trees is what gives us oxygen...the less trees we have the less oxygen we get...they take carbon monoxide and transform it into oxygen...and also with deforestation, it destroys the homes of animals...getting them to search for food elsewhere like hum the cities...bears, lynx and other predators start looking for humans for food....

Now the thing about the sun, I know that can't be help, but its not the ONLY thing that deserves attention....

17. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

You know protesting might not appear to be doing something productive but it brings else are we going to know about how climate change is done because of the sun and the cosmic energy if no one protests, no one talks about might not be the right thing to do but it gets people talking, it gets the facts out wether they are for or against protesting...

if no one worried about the climate change, there wouldn't have been scientists studying it and realising what is really going on and reporting it for better or worse...
  18. Prinnctopher's Belt

Sure, trees do all of these wonderful things. But you act like they're in a state of fucking extinction. Trees? Shit, just on the continents of the Americas alone, trees make up some 65-75% of the lands. Y'all are acting like trees are going out of existence. Get the fuck out of here with that propaganda. Hell, we have trees everywhere. No one is lacking any fucking oxygen. The Earth always balances itself, and if the Earth and nature's balance calls for your and our asses to be fucking killed, then so be it and there isn't a damn thing humans can do to stop it.

Yeah, knocking down trees removes ecosystems that were once within them, and removes animals from their natural habitat. But that's a natural side effect of human civilization. We need the trees? We're going to cut those motherfuckers down and build some motherfucking houses, along with other useful conveniences we use every single day. Hell, let the animals search for food in the fucking city if they so please to venture. STRONGEST SURVIVE. That's nature for your ass, and it isn't always pretty for us now is it.

Fuck, the god damn trees will outlive the whole god damn human species. Trees are the last thing on the list to worry about, right behind cockroaches.

Talking about we might run out of fucking oxygen without trees. Get the fuck out of here with that propaganda. Not that we're running out of trees at all, but where the heck do you think oxygen on Earth came from before there was even one damn plant in existence? Microbes in WATER and the water itself, too!

It's not YOU I'm aggravated with on this subject, it's the fucking SYSTEM that keeps propagating their lies and this same bullshit that's been scientifically debunked hundreds of times over and I'm fucking sick of it. They're drilling this shit into people's minds, and people aren't critically thinking about what they're hearing and reading, and then we get the rear end when finding out that they've been hoodwinking people for decades and ripping them off.

For fuck's sake, these idiots want to put CORN in a fucking CAR, so that a god damn CAR can run.............WHILE WE HAVE STARVING PEOPLE ALL OVER THE FUCKING WORLD WHO COULD EAT THAT SHIT! These are the same people that make a living trying to coax you into being content with paying a tax to BREATHE! You know why? Because they consider human beings themselves to be nasty little buggers of carbon footprints. ALL these motherfuckers are despicable haters of the human race and they're trying to pose with happy faces and good intentions. NO, fuck them. They deserve to be fucking burned at the motherfucking stakes made out of the very wood that they bitch out, and BURN in hell. Fuck them ALL and I don't give a fuck what anybody has to say. These people are god damned raw EVIL and they will incinerate 4 billion people to relieve the fucking climate from some fucking perceived, man-made danger hoax, and no, fuck that. Fuck them, FUCK THEM, fuck them.

Fuck all these motherfuckers that were arrested. I hope they all go to jail and get fucked in the ass, and after reading lots of books during their sentence, I hope they all learn that man-made climate change and man-made global warming is a god damn hoax. So fuck these idiots. Fuck them all.
  19. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

[BYou[/B]are saying it's all wrong and a lie, and basing this entire argument on it, but the verdict is still out on the subject (and thus far most scientists - i.e. the experts on the subject - lean to their concerns, albeit not as extremely). Either way, the protesters can very well be proven to be right on the subject, so how can you consider them destructive morons for supporting a cause you simply don't believe? It just seem biased to state all that like it were a fact.

As for the concern about environmental degradation, that is certainly a credible one, far more than you're giving credit to. We like to treat the environment as something outside us but the fact is we're every bit a part of it, whether in the countryside or in a city. Our polluting of it and interfering with it could have considerable consequences for humans worldwide, rich and poor, starving or not. After all, trees are an element of a vastly complex ecosystem that governs our climate, weather patterns, air, all of which influence global agriculture. Yes, the Earth always balances itself - but that's with regards to natural occurences. The massive scale of environmental alteration, deforestation, and resource extraction is not natural, so Earth is unlikely to just 'fix' the problem itself.

And just because they don't protest about other causes - such as starving children - doesn't mean they don't care. They're acting in the context of a climate change debate, so therefore the subject of their protest is climate change and environmental causes. There are a lot of different causes out there and we simply can't stop to pick and choose which are important and should be dealt with first.

Honestly man, given the great amount of rage your showing in the above post, I'm starting to wonder if this was all motivated by just a foul mood more than a serious concern.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2009
  20. Prinnctopher's Belt

Environmental degradation? Sure! That's what human civilization does. How do you think your house is sitting where it is now?

I'm not against the act of protesting; it's what they're protesting for that makes them idiots. The only way any perceived man-made climate change can effectively be stopped, is a partial speciocide of human beings. The more people there are, the more resources we require. That's how it is and there's no getting around that. If you don't want to pollute anything? Okay. Stop using everything that pollutes, thereby ending demand for such polluting things, likely resulting in the cessation of their production.

Do you honestly believe that the people which these protesters are chanting to have good will and good intention? Because, truth be told, they do not. Actually, their intentions are quite contrary. All this commotion is doing is reinforcing their myth of overpopulation, and thereby justifying a partial speciocide, where all the poor and meek are killed away. The worst part about that is, what I just described is the best-case scenario to just kill half the population. Many commoners aren't keen to this information, but this is exactly how the people in charge of this world think.

As for the Earth being incapable of correcting any imbalances that humans cause, which I'm guessing you're referring to trash pollution such as plastics and styrofoam, etc., of course no one wants to live in a place of garbage, but again, garbage is an issue of populations living with items that can take thousands of years to deteriorate. Items that humans have created. You reap what you sew. It's unrealistic to expect all of the garbage and water pollution on the planet to cease to exist while we continue piling up the dumpster.

This isn't about whether they care or not. Look beyond yourself and your own argument and think about what the actual issue is. What is expected to actually be done by the governments of the world that isn't a destructive solution? There isn't one, making their whole chant idiotic. If they're so concerned with environmental issues, they can start with themselves and their own acts that contribute to pollution every single day, and change it. The government can't change something that will naturally occur anyway, and we know how governments can ruin a sunny day.

Think critically about the issue and the solution becomes clear. It's as solvable as giving humans eternal life.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.