IDITOS that assume you're an addict due to a little experimentation!!!!

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by A_pixie, Jan 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A_pixie

A_pixie Well-Known Member

The next person who calls me an addict I'm going to fucking scream at!!!

No I do not sell my possessions for drugs, no I do not neglect my job nor college work for drugs, no I have never sold my body for drugs.

Whatever you saw on Trainspotting last night in your comfortable middle class living room, has never happened to me.

Is anyone else sick of fucking do-gooders out there who believes your life is in danger for smoking weed now and again - I mean they're so fucking sheltered they equate it with heroin some of them!

Makes it harder to stop doing purely out of healthy living, because the more people who panic like a chicken with it's head cut off when they hear the word "drugs" the more I want to do it to prove I can handle it!

People who have never done drugs yet preach about it get on my fucking nerves as well as they have no idea what it's like and judge you straight away, they keep pharses like "addict" "lost soul" and "needs help" handy to throw at you which ironically usually sends me on a binge just to spite them.

Ok....sorry for the rant, I just can't fucking stand uneducated do-gooders who frankly don't fucking know what they're talking about!

Before anyone says people "care" no they fucking don't they're just so self-righteous that they kick a kick out of thinking they've helped a poor little junkie, with their oh-so-awesome views on life!

Either that or they're so miserable they can't stand anyone having a good time without them.

People who HAVE done drugs, on the other hand, and give sensible advice as they speak from experience....I respect that, and it has stopped me doing certain drugs in the past from hearing their bad experiences.

But people who have never done it...and offer the same fucking generic advice handed down from mommy and daddy can MIND THEIR OWN FUCKING BUSINESS!!!!

I feel like screaming at them "SOME PEOPLE TAKE DRUGS, GET OVER IT!!!!!"

Apologies again.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2011
  2. Well-Known Member

You stopped using then went and did drugs because some do-gooder talked to you about doing drugs. You are an addict. And I'm quite sure that I've done far more drugs than you. Shit, I've probably smoked more weed in the last year than you have in your life. Some day you'll stop rationalizing your drug use and blaming others.
  3. A_pixie

You don't understand that's part of my personality, if someone tries to tell em not to do something I'll do it, my point is that sometimes you have to let a person come to you about drugs rather go steaming in, stressing them out, making the problem worse.
  4. Well-Known Member

I understand an addictive/vindictive personality well because I am one. My teen years were filled with doing stuff because people said I shouldn't. I've used all the excuses in the book to rationalize my drug use. But that's just what they are, excuses, not causes. Bottom line, I use drugs because I like how they make me feel. I'm not physically addicted to anything right now, but I'm am still an addict/user/abuser or whatever you want to call it.
  5. A_pixie

Me too, I'm a user but I think that if someone pressurizes someone to quit and they do they're doomed to relapse because they didn't want to quit in the first place. It has to come from you and people sticking their noses in can mak it worse.
  6. Well-Known Member

So true. If you aren't quitting for yourself you're probably not quitting at all.
  7. Datura

Datura Well-Known Member

Why discuss it if you know what the reaction will be?
  8. thepainwithin

thepainwithin Well-Known Member

When I got arrested for having a pipe and a grinder on me, the judge looked me in the eyes and said "son, if you don't stop smoking pot now you will be nothing more than a fiend who cares about nothing but finding your next hit". This man?! He doesn't even know me!!!! Yet he has the balls to tell me that because I smoked a little pot that all of the sudden I'm going to turn into a crack fiend on the street. Sorry sir, but just because your son is a heroin addict and you didn't know how to raise him right (which is true, his son is a drug addict in Detroit) doesn't mean I'm going to end up as the miserable, pathetic excuse for a drug addict son that yours is. Sorry judge Dennis. N. Powers of the Novi 52-1 Court in Novi, MI, I guess my parents were just better parents to their son then you were to yours.

Oh and I totally understand about being pressured to quit. Both times I got arrested for having under a gram of pot were times I was trying to quit. Probation and ass hole judges like this and the ass hole cop, Officer Daniel Jones of the Northville Township PD who accused me of being a big time drug dealer because I said I'd give my friend a gram of weed because his dealer wasn't answering, make me want to do it even more. I'm going to get my card when this shit blows over and blow smoke in the faces of these ass holes and their isn't a damn thing they can do about it.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2011
  9. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

Ok listen, is a substance the first thing you think about? Do you spend all your money on a substance even foregoing basic essentials such as food? Do you feel like you cant live without a certain substance? If yes to any of those questions then your an addict and no amount of ranting and having a go at people is going to change that. Sure you can blame it all on some mental illness and carry on the way you are right now or go and be proactive and realise this is all your own doing.

Oh before you accuse me of being one of these do-gooders who knows nothing, i was a heroin and crack addict for about 9 years. I used to smoke weed for 11 years, speed for 9 years etc. and have now been clean for 3 years and yes im an addict oh and i did all that whilst suffering from bi-polar disorder, fact is i didnt blame it on me being bi-polar, i loved the buzz. Let me ask you what is so bad about being called an addict? Is it really the end of the world as you know it?
  10. Well-Known Member

People like to label and classify everything. If you're an addict and you stop are you still and addict? Or a recovered addict? Does it even matter? No.
  11. A_pixie

12. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

Well thats not our fault thats yours. If you disclose nothing then all your going to get is a generic reply, what else do you expect? You want everyone to be psychic and to instantly know what your talking about? Oh and this is the substance abuse forum so if you dont explain about your predicament people are going to assume your an addict.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.