Idk anymore?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by thatguy67, May 4, 2016.

1. thatguy67

thatguy67 Member

so my parents are Christians and of course forced it upon me since birth they have forced me to go to church for as long as I can remember and forced me to believe what they believe even though they never really followed the religion themselves my dad was physically abusive until I was about 14 and is still verbally abusive to this day my mom is not as bad she just constantly gossips about everyone 24/7 well in the past i once stood up to my dad and he proceeded to tell me I would amount to nothing and we almost got in a gust fight so I left my house for about two weeks until he asked me to come back and assured me it would be different which of course after about two weeks it went back to normal but I learned to live with it well I pretty much got tired of going to church and being surrounded by hypocrites so today for the first time ever I went to my parents and I asked them for a choice to go to church when I want and it didn't go how I hoped it would at all my mother proceeded to tell me I was a still a minor so I had no rights and proceeded to take all of my belongings even though I have a job and pay for them myself she said I had to believe what she says and that the bible says to honor ur parents but I'm not dumb and know she's cherry picking and trying to make me feel like I'm in the wrong she put all my stuff in her car and sped off idk where she went my dad proceeded to talk about of what if scenarios and said what would Jesus say if he were here and this had been going on for nearly hours at this point he then proceeded to say like my mom I don't have rights it's his decision and then he started crying and saying that he would've never talked to his dad like I did when all I did was ask for a choice he then said he was ashamed of me and left my room I honestly couldn't tell if they were serious or playing mind games with me and honestly they were the last people on this planet I felt could accept me for me but apparently I was wrong and I feel like I want to die this is honestly one of the lowest points in my life it was so much worse than I could describe just how my whole life they said they would always accept me then they completely abandon me I just feel like I have no one left
  2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

This isn't right!
    I'm a devout catholic and yes, when my son was younger, I had him baptised, first holy communion and mass every Sunday.
    At 14 he told me he no longer wanted to go to church, and though I was disappointed that we could no longer share our experiences, I agreed he was old enough to know his own mind and would attend on my own.
    Faith is not something you can thrust upon another person and your rights as a person, should be taken into account.
    I don't know how old you are, but if you reach your majority soon, can you not just play along until you can leave home, or have a word with your priest/pastor to see if he can bring your parents round to a more moderate way of thinking?
    I don't think you have done or said anything wrong, everyone must make major decisions in life and family should support not condemn.
  3. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

I'm really sorry you are in such a tough situation. I think your parents are being very unfair to you.

Please take care of yourself, I think Terry has some good advice, maybe bring your priest into it, I have a feeling your parents would listen to them.
  4. Quya

Quya New Member

I’m sorry you’re going through such a tough time at home. I don’t know how old you are, but just remember that living at your parent’s house is only temporary. Soon you’ll be of age to move out on your own; so until that day comes, try to hang in there and try to find/focus on anything good that may be happening in your life right now.
    I know that it’s easier said than done, but you’re stronger than you think! Know that it WILL get better for you, just keep pushing forward and tell yourself that everything is going to be okay. Stay well. :)
    MisterBGone likes this.
  5. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi, I am saddened by your post. The advice from the others is right but you need to find a way through this tough period of your life. There is nothing wrong in you if religion is not your thing. Mothers can be over powering but you gave to be strong which is hard given the current circumstances.

Is there some relative you can stay for a while where is gives you and your parent breathing space. Also, if you are old enough, can you leave this toxic situation in order to move forward with your life?