If all goes right

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Ldub20, Feb 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ldub20

Ldub20 Well-Known Member

I'll be no more come <edit mod total eclipse timeline> Hard to believe that my 90-year old grandpa will outlive me.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2013
  2. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

Your grandpa would have been born in 1923 and so he's surely seen some very hard and trying times throughout his life. Perhaps it would benefit to sit down with him and find out his strategy for finding the strength to cope and survive. 90 is a ripe old age and something he must surely now be proud of. I would guess he'd love 90 more. Perhaps he has some wisdom he can share.

3. Ldub20

Ldub20 Well-Known Member

There really ain't much we can talk about since he's a control freak.

4. pickwithaustin

He's managed to control for 90 years. Perhaps that is lesson enough.

5. Ldub20

Ldub20 Well-Known Member

Thing is, he hasn't lived with a disease that's worse than DEATH.

6. hellcat

hellcat Member

I'm so sorry to hear this. I will pray for you and hope you find the innerstrength to hold on.

7. pickwithaustin

But these people have:
    Albert Einstein
    Hans Christian Andersen
    Charles Robert Darwin
    Jim Henson
    Charles Schulz
    Thomas Jefferson
    Wolfgang Mozart
    George Orwell
    Dan Aykroyd
    Ludwig Van Beethoven
    Thomas Edison
    Woody Allen
    Mark Twain
    Henry Ford

And of course:
    Hans Aspergers

8. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Ldub - My best friend's son had Aspergers and I am sorry to hear you have it too. He was a very bright boy - heck, I do know what you are going through (from observation) and how you are feeling right now. I just ask that you would consider giving yourself more time honey. My friend's son unfortunately didn't - he wasn't helped at all by someone in whom he confided. It's too late to save him but it isn't to late to save you Ldub and to say that we are here to listen and to talk things through. There would have been a future for my friend's son, because of his intelligence, - all that was missing was real hope and deeper insights for him to hold on to whilst he was in the dark place - and these are available I promise you.

You've written your intention here plainly Ldub, but I know there is a part of you still that yet wants to believe there is another way through. There is honey - a far better way :) I pray God's angels will protect you and bring you back here again - please take care of yourself Ldub - we band together here in the overcoming business :)

9. titanlord

titanlord Member

im sorry to to hear that. but i am also suicidal, can you tell me why your going to do it? i have my reasons but what are yours.

10. Ldub20

Ldub20 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the caring post. Unforunately, god made a mistake when he gave me Asperger's Syndrome. Is it also his plan to have me never receive calls or messages about wanting to go out from friends or other people? Is it his plan to keep from finding a significant other? Death is a much easier existence than one where involuntary celibacy and never receiving calls or messages from other people asking to go out or do something are constant realities. Death beats Asperger's Syndrome!

If somebody can tell me how anything in my life would suck if I didn't experience loneliness at all, please do so. An existence without ever feeling lonely? How could anything go wrong if that were the case? How could anyone have any problems if they never felt lonely?

I am sorry about the loss of your son. I hope your son found peace and is somewhere where he can't suffer any longer.

11. titanlord

titanlord Member

so thats why you want to suicide, because your lonely?

12. Ldub20

Ldub20 Well-Known Member

That and because of my disease--Asperger's Syndrome.

13. titanlord

titanlord Member

well let me tell you about my disease. its something so vague and weird that i cant begin to explain yet the docs told me that i am delusional when i clearly know i am not. my presence brings pain to those around me and myself. as long as i am around others there is something inside me that makes them feel this pain, in the stomach area like the acids in your stomach are churning ( its hard to understand or believe but it happens). i feel pain with anyone i am around whether friend, family, enemy, for or stranger. you can be 70 or 7 it doesnt matter. I go to school everyday so you can only assume the level of discomfort, anxiety and pain i feel. i think this is a legitamite excuse for suicide. i am not sure about yours.

14. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Ldub - The key to you being released from your misery I can tell is in what you have replied to me here. You are blaming god for giving you Asperger's - the same way that people blame god for giving them other things they don't like about their life.

If you would allow yourself to discover the truth about this mistaken way of thinking about god and what he dishes out to people, it would help you tremendously to gain the new perspective which can heal you from the inside-out.

There is no need for you to be lonely in this life, once you have made friends with the Person who loves you the most :)

And it was my friend's son who died Ldub, not my own - I just was able to share her immense grief at having lost him, her only boy.

15. jxdama

jxdama Staff Member Safety & Support

we love you dubby. you need to chat.

16. hellcat

hellcat Member

Any time you want to chat dubby just come in. We're all hear for you ;)

17. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

Aspergers itself does not cause death. Therefore it's not a disease. Also, to not have friends call or text isn't something that can be attributed to it. I don't have Aspergers, but I understand the not getting invited out (been around a few groups of people where that's happened to me). It happens more than you think. I'm only 11 months younger than you - so I've been around a while. Was always picked last at sports, often had to take myself out to places I was interested in to meet anyone. But the friends I did make barely make contact now, we're only 6 years on since I last saw most of them.

Sounds like you're also willing to blame anyone/anything else than you are to realise you need to do more. Blaming a deity is a way of protecting your ego, so you live within a bubble if thinking you do nothing wrong. Blaming a condition that others have given several examples now to you of others who have lived with it and done something productive with it is again, avoiding facing the reality that you have to do something about it. You're highly passionate about this, but you need to stop blaming things that you can't do anything about. You have the condition, so yes, in a way, you have to live with it, but it is not the reason you can't find a significant other or have friends. It's you as a person stopping that.

So much negative vibes when the examples given are famous names, particularly in science/music from the list above. Did they do nothing or did they follow their passions? Did they give up on a dream because it didn't follow exact specifications? No, they did something different, and that is what you need to consider.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.